Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gonna have to get a Gateway soon, anyone know what version currently shipping 3DS systems are at? Looking to go up to an XL soon but if they're shipping at 5.x / 6.x might search for a non-dinged up used one

Mixture of firmwares.

Pokemon XL are 6.X
3DS with 2013 on the box can be either 4.x or 5.x
3DS with 2012 on box are 4.5 or lower.

Reactions: AceLighting

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone knows when the best part of gateway is coming ?

They will most likely post part 2 with the next 2 days, tommorow most likely. Then they will announce beta testers get to test (Devin and co.) and then they will release to public about this time next week at the earliest, and 2 weeks at the latest.

We don't have word from Gateway on an ETA yet, but this is the most detailed post in this thread in regards to when part 2 is being announced. It's still speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
So does it mean we can play Pokemon X/Y and LoZ: ALBP and other games requiring 6.0+ by officially upgrading the 3DS with the game cart and use the gateway 3DS by reverting back to our NAND backup?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
So does it mean we can play Pokemon X/Y and LoZ: ALBP and other games requiring 6.0+ by officially upgrading the 3DS with the game cart and use the gateway 3DS by reverting back to our NAND backup?

no because to do a softmod nand backup you need to exploit access
but if you hardmodded it so you could flash you nand then you could restore it back to the earlier version

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure 2.0 will include multirom loading :S What I'm not so sure is if it will ever work on 5.x and above :(

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
Greate news! Didn't expect that.
Too bad it came 3 days after I bought myself a 3DS... and realized it was on 6.3.
I cheer for you Gateway Team! I won't be updating since now, it's getting really REALLY interesting! Just hope it'll someday work on my firmware so I can buy it and support them...

Reactions: the_randomizer

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm pretty sure 2.0 will include multirom loading :S What I'm not so sure is if it will ever work on 5.x and above :(

I'm sure they can do it, but it wont be as fast as it was on old ds flashcarts.

You'll have to put the backups on your 3DS SD card, you can select them from the new homebrew menu flashing the game on the gateway will take time (1-5 minutes) but at least you only have to carry one large SD inside your 3DS and a single microSD inside your gateway rather than a bunch of microSD and a computer.

That's my prediction, maybe they've found something even better.

Reactions: pelago

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope that it will work with newer firmwares soon, since I'd like to use Pokemon Bank but I can't access the eShop on 4.5, if it even works with the "Gateway-Version" of X and Y

Reactions: digipokemaster

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I hope that it will work with newer firmwares soon, since I'd like to use Pokemon Bank but I can't access the eShop on 4.5, if it even works with the "Gateway-Version" of X and Y

That's impossible, unless someone discover a way to bypass the firmware check system of the e-Shop, something that was done with Vita IIRC; you know, they'll eventually patch any exploit they could discover in the latest firmware.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then, what's your point, repetitive fellow?

It would be nice to have that "Mii universe" feature in the newer firmwares, but that won't grant you access to the e-shop unless it always stays in the latest firmware.

yeah I've been waiting for the ID system and miiverse for a while ... I guess it won't be possible if we want to use gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY