You smell that? It's this thread.
b51e7c_f22c9388014e48c297fbe8f50854d983.jpg

Reactions: XRaTiX

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
They did well for the first two years without cfw, but times change.
Now I'll start converting the .3ds files, but the process is painfully long. Eh. Ganbare, me!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
They did well for the first two years without cfw, but times change.
Now I'll start converting the .3ds files, but the process is painfully long. Eh. Ganbare, me!
Dude, just download the already made cia files.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, just download the already made cia files.
It does seem simple, but if that person has a ton of .3ds roms, that could take a while, especially if they also want to move over their saves. (At this point, it might be worth the trouble, because Gateway's really behind as it already is)

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so the beta leaks today, and all 5 people who don't even own GW's have polluted the thread with their constant whining. Big surprise there.

You guys seem to love wasting your time, probably why only using CFW appeals so much to you..

Well hopefully GW gives us a plugin at some point, for those that want both GW and CFW.. this beta solution does not seam ideal. For my 3ds units I use for my kids, the current proposed GW solution would be more than enough, would love to be able to not jump through a bunch of hoops to get to that point if I already have OTP. Booting direct into GW would be enough for me. Having a plugin would be nice. Glad all my units are hard modded so I can play around with this when there is a more final release.

Reactions: Nightwish

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, so the beta leaks today, and all 5 people who don't even own GW's have polluted the thread with their constant whining. Big surprise there.
Former GW owners* Learn to read.

Reactions: DarkIrata

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the bitching going on the thread, can we appreciate the reality of all this?

Gateway has been released years ago, with support and development still active! I'm not sure I can say the same as other products with the nintendo series.

Sure, this update sucks, and it's lacking features. But hell, even so, I definitely got more than my moneys worth years ago while they were developing awesome updates and creating stuff. I'm way more content with Gateway. No, I don't use it anymore, but not for a second do I regret purchasing this.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just saw this post: You can't do this with Gateway CFW, because it blocks FIRM patching and would result in a brick. Additionally, RxTools doesn't support 8.1J MSET, and factory 8.1Js don't have web browsers: It's a rather sticky situation where only Gateway managed to find a way to get MSET ROP working on 8.1J, and I'm hoping the new update will fix all my issues (assuming they also fix what had been discussed many times in this thread)
huh, didn't know you were still stuck on 8.1J. should have upgraded to 10.x and downgraded while it was still possible. either way, if you manage to get a sky or CN JP, you can still use the SOAP method. i actually managed to get my 8.1J to 9.1 before the downgraders were out.

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can back them up with JK save manager, I know someone wrote a tutorial on how here...
And the process is long because I need to do it with every save, and I've got a handful of them. Maybe I'll just stick with the saves that matter and delete everything else. That sounds tempting.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh, didn't know you were still stuck on 8.1J. should have upgraded to 10.x and downgraded while it was still possible. either way, if you manage to get a sky or CN JP, you can still use the SOAP method. i actually managed to get my 8.1J to 9.1 before the downgraders were out.
Actually, I should have done it back in January when 10.3 was the latest update. I wasn't expecting A9LH to be a thing and thought I'd be happy with just MSET, but alas... When 10.7 was latest firm, that would've required CN JP anyway, so it was already too late.

You guys seem to love wasting your time, probably why only using CFW appeals so much to you..

Well hopefully GW gives us a plugin at some point, for those that want both GW and CFW.. this beta solution does not seam ideal. For my 3ds units I use for my kids, the current proposed GW solution would be more than enough, would love to be able to not jump through a bunch of hoops to get to that point if I already have OTP. Booting direct into GW would be enough for me. Having a plugin would be nice. Glad all my units are hard modded so I can play around with this when there is a more final release.
Bashing aside, I agree that this is not an ideal solution: In my (and a lot of other peoples') opinion, the decision to fork a9lh was a terrible move, and they need to fix that as soon as possible unless they want to disappoint even more of their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge