Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.0 ULTRA exploit WITHOUT GW POSSIBLE!!!

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short answer is no. ORAS is a Card 2 game, so while you can backup the save file by backing up the entire ROM, you can't send it back. You'd need a CyberGadget/Powersaves dongle to send it back to a physical cartridge, or have a GateWay cart to play a ROM with the altered save.

So gateway doesn't have ability to restore to physical cartridges?

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If a Gateway card is no longer needed to execute custom code, aka launching the exploit menu, then I believe that some great devs will be able to do some great things. Someone should write their own launcher.dat that allows us to run homebrew!

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
That is assuming the browser exploit gains kernel access on its own, maybe the launcher.dat has code in it that does the kernel exploit?
I think it's only enough to reach the sd to continue. Rest is done by launcher.
Is it possible to reverse engineer the launcher.dat so we can view the code?
It is but very difficult.

Reactions: Margen67

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my goodness there is so much misinformation in this thread... Yes you can get into the gateway menu. NO YOU CANNOT USE GATEWAY MODE. i.e. no kernel mode rom loading for you.. The browser exploit is just merely an entry point, nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: Margen67

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Browser exploit gets you through the front door of the bank, but you'll need to reverse engineer the launcher if you want to get into the vault :D

Reactions: 1 person

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You CAN have kernel access without GW if you downgrade. The files aren't out. If you downgrade, you can use custom firmware and go from there.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
You CAN have kernel access without GW if you downgrade. The files aren't out. If you downgrade, you can use custom firmware and go from there.
Still waiting for someone to make a better CFW for that to be an attractive option. And there's no guarantee the downgrade will work without a Gateway card inserted.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if it required the red card to downgrade.
I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for all the secrecy and delays isn't because GW team is protecting what is essentially a softmod from going softmod, and making all of their cards worthless.

The GW card seems like nothing more than a DRM dongle at this point, ironically enough.

N00b Smasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for all the secrecy and delays isn't because GW team is protecting what is essentially a softmod from going softmod, and making all of their cards worthless.

The GW card seems like nothing more than a DRM dongle at this point, ironically enough.
It's not like it's just a pointless DRM dongle, it offers a hardware-based feature. Namely the microSD slot for loading .3ds roms. Would it be possible to load them off the 3DS SD? Maybe. Maybe not. But even if the answer is yes, some of the roms would have to be splitted, and if you have multiple systems, you would have to buy a large SD for holding the roms for each one. Swapping the SD between systems wouldn't work because each emunand works in only one specific 3DS. By loading the roms off the microSD in the GW card, you can use the same card on multiple 3DS. Plus you can have multiple microSDs for holding many games and quickly swap them. Having to swap the 3DS SD would be a pain in the ass, with the emunand and any files stored in it. Not to mention that having to install the emunand partition in each SD would make you lose multiple GBs of storage.

Reactions: Galerox

New3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any guide for the installation?

-------------------

Edit: never mind, I found it. It goes with the download pack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday