Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.0 ULTRA exploit WITHOUT GW POSSIBLE!!!

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
NVRAM resets whenever you play a DS games. In that case, you need a cheap DS flashcard that works on New 3DS or borrow Cubic Ninja or OOT3D.
Pasta does not support MSET on New 3DS, use ReiNAND instead. It is your only option with the MSET exploit and no Gateway...
I don't know if ReiNAND supports out-of-region games, but it's possible to patch them in case it doesn't.

This is the release notes I found for Reinand on the forums

Features as of Right Now (Reinand 1.2)
----------------------------
-Old 3ds
-*New* 3ds (9.5 or lower Emunand only)
-Launch using Ninjhax only New 3ds
(Mset Work in Progress for N3ds)
-4.x Mset Support (O3ds)
-Emunand Support
-Region Free
-Eshop(9.8 emunand o3ds only) Use A spoofer for N3ds
-Firm for above 9.x
-Signigture patches
- Memory Debugger similar to NTR's
-Ram Dumping
- Screen Shots
Currently in progress
------------------------
9.x Mset for n3ds Mset support
('' The Mset rop is in there but only 90% finished. - Rei)
-Source code(when Reinand is finished)
-Enable/Disable Firmlaunch for Plugins / LayeredFS-Plugin
- GBA

So it does have region free but Mset is in progress :(
Will it make a difference if it has emunand but not Mset?
I also read Ocarina of Time works for Mset

Last edited by Zeriel,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the release notes I found for Reinand on the forums

Features as of Right Now (Reinand 1.2)
----------------------------
-Old 3ds
-*New* 3ds (9.5 or lower Emunand only)
-Launch using Ninjhax only New 3ds
(Mset Work in Progress for N3ds)
-4.x Mset Support (O3ds)
-Emunand Support
-Region Free
-Eshop(9.8 emunand o3ds only) Use A spoofer for N3ds
-Firm for above 9.x
-Signigture patches
- Memory Debugger similar to NTR's
-Ram Dumping
- Screen Shots
Currently in progress
------------------------
9.x Mset for n3ds Mset support
('' The Mset rop is in there but only 90% finished. - Rei)
-Source code(when Reinand is finished)
-Enable/Disable Firmlaunch for Plugins / LayeredFS-Plugin
- GBA

So it does have region free but Mset is in progress :(
Will it make a difference if it has emunand but not Mset?
You'll probably have to wait a little longer... unless it works even if it's only 90% finished.
If you really can't wait, you need Cubic Ninja or a Gateway card to use any CFW.
Or you can borrow your friend's card, run the CFW and never turn off your 3DS...

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll probably have to wait a little longer... unless it works even if it's only 90% finished.
If you really can't wait, you need Cubic Ninja or a Gateway card to use any CFW.
Or you can borrow your friend's card, run the CFW and never turn off your 3DS...

I just read that you can use Ocarina of Time or Cubic Ninja for Mset without Reinand from here:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/288767-TUTORIAL-Downgrade-N3DS-MSET-*proper-way*

So I will try to borrow Cubic Ninja in a few days and then follow this process to get to 4.X, then I will
install Reinand and see if I'm able to run region free CIAs. Is this right?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Godamn it so Im lost again, so wait for reinand to support Mset but I can't downgrade
to 4.X so why get Mset? sorry Im just too dumb to understand all these exploits and none of
them seem to work for me. :(

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just read that you can use Ocarina of Time or Cubic Ninja for Mset without Reinand from here:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/288767-TUTORIAL-Downgrade-N3DS-MSET-*proper-way*

So I will try to borrow Cubic Ninja in a few days and then follow this process to get to 4.X, then I will
install Reinand and see if I'm able to run region free CIAs. Is this right?
You're only downgrading the System Settings app, not your entire firmware but right. You can't follow that tutorial without a Gateway card, though. If you can't borrow one you'll have to use another CFW, like Pasta (without firmlaunch enabled, I think. I've never done it with Pasta to a New 3DS...).

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
You're only downgrading the System Settings app, not your entire firmware but right. You can't follow that tutorial without a Gateway card, though. If you can't borrow one you'll have to use another CFW, like Pasta (without firmlaunch enabled, I think. I've never done it with Pasta to a New 3DS...).
Ah ok thanks, I got confused I thought it would downgrade the firmware. So my two options are, wait for reinand to have Mset support
or run Pasta, both with Cubic Ninja?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah ok thanks, I got confused I thought it would downgrade the firmware. So my two options are, wait for reinand to have Mset support
or run Pasta, both with Cubic Ninja?
If you're waiting for MSET support in ReiNAND, you only need Cubic Ninja once. If you want to start using a CFW right now, you need Cubic Ninja every time you launch it.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're waiting for MSET support in ReiNAND, you only need Cubic Ninja once. If you want to start using a CFW right now, you need Cubic Ninja every time you launch it.

Since I don't own Cubic Ninja I guess I'll have to wait, it sucks because I don't even know if they'll ever finish it.
If they never do, should I start saving for a Sky3DS and emulate Cubic Ninja or a Gateway3ds?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since I don't own Cubic Ninja I guess I'll have to wait, it sucks because I don't even know if they'll ever finish it.
If they never do, should I start saving for a Sky3DS and emulate Cubic Ninja or a Gateway3ds?
Well, Gateway is cheaper, but Sky3DS also allows you to play .3ds ROMs without a CFW in case you'd ever need it.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway 3DS will be beyond pointless once rxTools is done and working on New 3DS for now work on getting a Cubic Ninja card (call around pawn shops and game stores and check Ebay) or shell out for a Sky3DS card.

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to sell my 3DS XL. Because it's on 9.5.0 And I'm unable to even use Gateaway 3DS anymore. And I want to do randomizers plus fanmade mega evolution editing on ORAS

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was that a question or a statement?
I was trying to state that because. My 3DS XL was on 9.2.0 before. So I was using Gateway 3DS then. Right before I even updated my sysNAND. But. When I was using the Gateway 3DS red cart before that even happened. I updated my emuNAND. Also I was going to ask. If I even sold my old XL and got a new 3DS XL. If it either 9.0 or 9.2. I could use the rxtools and so on? And then once I get it modified to where I could edit encounters. I could also make my own mega evolutions? "Sorry for the confusion+etc here"

Last edited by PokeChampion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout