Hacking Gateway 3.2 update & NDS games & eshop update

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi folks,

I used the below tuto for updating my son's N3ds and it worked perfectly. So Thanks for this.
I also updated my other kids' O3ds consoles by replacing launcher.dat. Worked like a charm.
Then I updated EmuNand to the latest version for the O3DS consoles.
I read that this should not be done on the N3DS. I believe there's another way to update EmuNand on N3ds but cannot recall the name of it to search for a tutorial. So please if you know a good tuto for this, don't hesitate to point it out to me.

Then reading stuff here & there, I read one could play NDS games on 3ds. Great news. My kids are still carrying both consoles. Again, where can I find a tutorial for running these .nds games on O3ds and N3ds (please dont reply Internet, I'm an old fart and could get offended as I lack humour ;)

Here's the nice tuto I used for my son's N3ds (sorry I don't know how to quote from another thread to give credit where credit is due):

Turn off N3DS. Remove back cover.
Remove N3DS-MicroSD card that has enuNAND.
Find blank MicroSD card and put the region-specific MSET file on the root of it, as well as the new launcher.dat.
If you haven't installed FlashCardTimewarp.cia, find that too and put it on this MicroSD card, next to the MSET cia and Launcher.dat.
Find DevMenu.3ds, not BigBlueMenu.3ds.
Put DevMenu.3ds onto the MicroSD card that's in the Gateway cartridge.
Put the formerly-blank MSET MicroSD card into the N3DS and the DevMenu.3ds MicroSD card into the Gateway.
Power on.
Use Cubic Ninja or Zelda exploit to get into Gateway Menu.
Select "NVRAM Install" and proceed with instaltion. This will install to sysNAND, because the emuNAND card is not in the N3DS right now, and that's what we want.
Put Gateway cartridge into N3DS.
Start Gateway Mode and launch DevMenu.3ds (by pressing select).
Import the MSET CIA to install it to sysNAND (from the second tab).
If you haven't installed FlashCardTimewarp.cia before, install it now.
Turn off N3DS.
Take out the MicroSD that's in the N3DS (behind the back cover) and replace it with the emuNAND MicroSD (ie the one that was in there before)
Turn on N3DS.
Go to Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile to start the Gateway Menu.
Fit back cover again.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just started reading a few things about 3dsnus and flashtimewarp.cia. i don't yet understand what these do but I will keep reading... In the meantime, should I be installing flashtimecarp.cia to my kids' O3ds ? If so in SysNand or EmuNand ?
Then from what I understand they need to be using the blue card to play nds games, right ? So for O3ds there is no risk of screwing up SysNand/EmuNand ? What about N3ds, I have installed flashtimecarp.cia as indicated in my previous post. What now ?

m0rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just started reading a few things about 3dsnus and flashtimewarp.cia. i don't yet understand what these do but I will keep reading... In the meantime, should I be installing flashtimecarp.cia to my kids' O3ds ? If so in SysNand or EmuNand ?
Then from what I understand they need to be using the blue card to play nds games, right ? So for O3ds there is no risk of screwing up SysNand/EmuNand ? What about N3ds, I have installed flashtimecarp.cia as indicated in my previous post. What now ?

Install it on SysNAND, it won't work on EmuNAND at all. Yeah they need to use the Blue Card then, make sure you put the Blue Card software (included in the GW 3.2 Update archive) on a microSD for use with the Blue Card ;) The Blue Card will only work in SysNAND btw.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no risk of screwing up the exploit on O3ds while running .nds games right ?
To make things clear what does it imply on N3ds ? I have read that some people had to reinstall the exploit (what would be the process then) while others had nothing to do.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
There's no risk of screwing up the exploit on O3ds while running .nds games right ?
To make things clear what does it imply on N3ds ? I have read that some people had to reinstall the exploit (what would be the process then) while others had nothing to do.

Running NDS games breaks the exploit you use to get into Gateway mode but is easily fixed by running the Gateway NDS installer again.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Running NDS games breaks the exploit you use to get into Gateway mode but is easily fixed by running the Gateway NDS installer again.
When you says by running the gateway installer, you mean just run the blue card like the very first time or go through the whole process again with switching mSD cards, installing mset, bla bla bla... ?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
When you says by running the gateway installer, you mean just run the blue card like the very first time or go through the whole process again with switching mSD cards, installing mset, bla bla bla... ?

Just running the .NDS file on the Blue card again should do the trick.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

macearl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just a quick question thats similar to this: does playing ds games via the blue card on a n3ds break the exploit as well? (with the new 3.2 and the old profile exploit)

nevermind, found some information scattered in the main 3.2 thread, apparently it has the same effecct on both o3ds and n3ds

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just got back home, before doing anything wrong, I copied the content of the blue card folder to a new fat32 formatted mSD card. I also copied a few nds games onto the root as well.
What is the other nds title I should put onto it for activating the exploit again ? And again should I first install the flashcardtimewarp.cia file to the O3ds first ? If so, I supopse I just need to copy the cia to the internal sd card, turn on the O3ds and launch devmenu.3ds.

Edit:
Since I could not install the flashcardtimewarp.cia on sysnand due to my TitleManager (BigBlueBox) not being able to launch in sysnand, I tried without installing the darn piece of software. I could test one nds game and it worked fine. Upon exiting though I could not bring back EmuNand so I just relaunched the Gateway patcher from the blue card and it worked just fine (in a breeze). It's actually very quick. So why bother trying to find a devmenu.cia that I could install on SysNand just to install flashcardtimewarp.cia ? What would it bring my kids (or myself) ?

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
flashcardtimewarp.cia is to unblock the DS flashcards on 3DS.
So as long as you are able to run NDS games with the DS flashcard(e.g. Bluecard), you won't need to install flashcardtimewarp.cia
Though it sounds strange as you can run your NDS games with blue card without installing it.........

And to install the flashcardtimewarp.cia is like installing the MSET.cia
You need to launch Devmenu in Gateway booted sysnand (e.g. placing a new micro SD in the 3ds to boot into gateway mode)

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well your explanation seems to be related to N3DS consoles whereas I am struggling with O3ds consoles. I have successfully installed flashcardtimewarp.cia on the N3ds.
I am actually now seeking a way to install flashcardtimewarp.cia to the O3DS consoles on SysNand.
I have created a new internal SD Card (not Msd) and put the launcher file as well as the flashcardtimewarp.cia file.
I have booted the console and launched the gateway menu (holding L).
Now what should I be doing ?

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well your explanation seems to be related to N3DS consoles whereas I am struggling with O3ds consoles. I have successfully installed flashcardtimewarp.cia on the N3ds.
I am actually now seeking a way to install flashcardtimewarp.cia to the O3DS consoles on SysNand.
I have created a new internal SD Card (not Msd) and put the launcher file as well as the flashcardtimewarp.cia file.
I have booted the console and launched the gateway menu (holding L).
Now what should I be doing ?

Just do what you have done for you N3DS in installing mset.cia, except that this time you are installing flashcardtimewarp.cia instead of mset.cia
Those steps are just teaching you to install some cia in SYSNAND, regardless of N3DS or O3DS.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Darn, I installed Nvram onto an O3ds SysNand. What could it have done and if it really did something, how can I get rid of it ?

BTW, I have installed FlashCardTimewarp.cia onto SysNand I believe but I cannot find an icon for it.
How come ?

Thanks

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Darn, I installed Nvram onto an O3ds SysNand. What could it have done and if it really did something, how can I get rid of it ?

BTW, I have installed FlashCardTimewarp.cia onto SysNand I believe but I cannot find an icon for it.
How come ?

Thanks
FlashCardTimewarp.cia is like mset.cia, no icon will appear

For your first question, i know nothing about that. Hope some others can answer you.;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1