Gateway 2.0 Final Releasing soon...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Runehasa, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Hey all just figured I would post the response I received from the gateway team in regards to my inquiry about multirom support.

"It will be included with our final 2.0 firmware, which should be between Christmas and New Year's eve.

mailto:sales@gateway-3ds.com

> Merry Christmas and wonderful job with the update. Just a quick
    > question as prior to this update I was told that multirom support
    > would come before xmas. Just wondering if there is a new ETA for when
    > the multirom support and or Pokemon update will be available. Thank

> you so much"

2. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Bah.

I thought from your title it was released.

In b4 thread is locked.

Xexyz and gamefan5 like this.
  3. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

You could have posted in the main thread here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-...ews-updates-and-support-thread.357776/page-63

and also screencaps are more preferred for evidence. Don't worry, when it really is released to the public you'll see it on the front portal as well. :)

4. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Goddamn, that title is misleading. Nearly gave me a heart attack. DX

5. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Also I'm gonna make a judgment call and change that title STAT so that it doesn't become a liability to new users. My apologies to the GBAtemp staff.

6. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    *sigh* I have seen that response before. I'm going to guess that the title was changed already.

And yes, this deserves a lock.

Edit: I'll just leave this here: http://www.yournewyearcountdown.com/?name=GATEWAY+2.0

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Presentum likes this.
  7. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    I bet Gateway is trying their best to get this out as soon as possible to be the first cart to have multirom support

8. JonnyMohawk

JonnyMohawk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    United States
    It would definitely look good.

I just hope they don't chop off support for NAND save games in order to rush it out. They said that wouldn't be the case though and I have no reason to doubt them.

9. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    They promised with wouldn't release 2.0 without XY support.

10. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    I'd rather they release features as soon as each one is thoroughly tested and confirmed working perfectly than they wait on other features so they could package it all in one.

Its not difficult to update, they don't have to go through certification testing, etc (console game updates as an example) so it doesn't make much sense to me to wait until everything is ready. When one feature is ready release it then add the next features in a small update as they are available.

11. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    That'd be pretty silly with all the features that are still missing. It would force users to update a lot more often, allowing for a lot more things to possibly go wrong. Maybe down the line when each new feature is more of a luxury and releases only now and then.

12. Nismax

Nismax GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Man, who cares! Pokemon sucks and always has, it's for children, the same children who grew up with Teletubbies, Power Rangers and Pogs. Do you know how much fun was made of that generation? Multirom support is by far the most important feature, and frankly I was shocked it wasn't supported along with the release of the cartridge.

Don't take my Pokemon comments seriously, I'm half joking. I just never understood why people like the franchise so much. I guess I was spoiled, growing up with the NES and all.

tbgtbg and johnnywalker like this.
  13. JonnyMohawk

JonnyMohawk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    United States
    I think this post shows who the child is.

You seem to equate nand saves with only pokemon, that is not the case.

Also who cares what other people enjoy playing? Does it make you uncomfortable? How sad... again this says much more about you then anyone else.

Xexyz, mikeyt1998 and IronClouds like this.
  14. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    they need to focus on the save issue imo. making sure games save with the correct keys is much more vital than multirom or online. having to swap/reload micro sd cards is an inconvenience. having all your save files become useless because Nintendo put out a new update would suck a lot.

15. Nismax

Nismax GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    No, this is about you Jonny MoHawk and your taking my comments personally. Where did I say it makes me feel uncomfortable? It's just annoying to see people begging for their beloved Pokemen support, when there are far more important features to be had. I know it's not the only game, there's currently one other game, I think there's time to wait.. On the other hand, people don't want to stockpile microSD cards just to try out multiple games.

Therefore, multirom is a million times more important than adding support for two weaksauce games.

keubibo, juins and johnnywalker like this.
  16. Skyrider

Skyrider GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    I agree. I find Multi-ROM and the saving issues more worth to add / fix than a pokemon game.

17. alirezay

alirezay GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2012
    United States
    come on!3ds is not made for only pokemon!
    if its really important for you buy the game!
    3ds link update coming soon too...lol:lol:

18. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    Nismax
    What I want >>>>>>>>>> What others want

Okay. Will keep that in mind.

One issue renders selected games unplayable.
    One issue makes you lose all previous progress but is otherwise, fully playable.
    One "issue" makes you either rewrite files when you feel like changing games or obtain multiple mSDs but games are otherwise fully playable.

Your comment is akin to me saying " WHO CARES? Multirom is for spoiled princesses who cannot even bear with the slight inconvenience of switching mSDs or rewriting the ROM. EShop compatibility is the way to go". Not very nice, is it?

Don't get me wrong. I would love multirom. Any improvement GW makes is a win for me so I'll gladly accept it.

19. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    I am sorry guys I didnt mean to get everyones hopes up. Thank you for whomever modified the title

20. kingsora831

kingsora831 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2012
    United States
    NYC in College
    havent they been saying that for the past 1-2 months.
    And if i recall i remember them saying that it will be released in 2014 (early) on their forums.
    The fact that new years eve is a day away i believe thats most likely the case.

Hopefully it will be released this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.