Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The NAND and console IDs are stored in the encrypted NAND. A NAND image does only work on the 3DS, on that it was made. Each 3DS uses his own keys for NAND en-/decryption. So no NAND sharing. Only up- and dowgrading currently.
But be aware. The 3DS deletes all contents on the SD card with missing tickets in the NAND. Downloading a new game on the latest firmware and dowgrading results in the 3DS deletes it!​
Looks like nintendo patched physical nand swapping through hardware flashing

What? is this something new?

This happened before but only after cloning stuff abusing of the system transfer.

Also, I recall people saying that games are still stored on the SD card, even after the tickets for them get delete

This is what I'm understanding from your info: If games that were never obtained through an old NAND backup are bought/downloaded on emuNAND/current NAND, after using this old NAND backup again the system will be missing the new content that never was obtained here. After flashing back/booting emuNAND, the games will be deleted on the newer NAND backup as well? Or you meant something different?

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i used to switch between them via physical hardware and Icons & game etc stayed there when back on 4.4 i just couldn't launch them? this quote was in NAND Flash section of forums near the bottom from Prop.... someting

Will try again later tonight to confirm if this is the case

Mangekyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
If only people took the time to read... we wouldnt have to read thousands of post with the same question asked over and over, and the same people would have evaded a lot of problems...

Anyways, I dont have my red GW because it came faulty from ModchipsDirect and I sent it back. but I installed the new 2.0 update without problems. Backed up my nand, Formatted it to the SD and it ran with no issue, also I made some changes to differentiate them, and added parental control to wifi on the SysNand so in any case I want to update EmuNand I wont update the real thing.

XingBa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If only people took the time to read... we wouldnt have to read thousands of post with the same question asked over and over, and the same people would have evaded a lot of problems...

Anyways, I dont have my red GW because it came faulty from ModchipsDirect and I sent it back. but I installed the new 2.0 update without problems. Backed up my nand, Formatted it to the SD and it ran with no issue, also I made some changes to differentiate them, and added parental control to wifi on the SysNand so in any case I want to update EmuNand I wont update the real thing.

It would help if the OP was updated with all the correct information. Then we wouldn't get so many posts.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
People do need to read the PDF that comes with the Gw2.0 release answers everything.
Mine is emunand and working perfectly however i found gw would just not boot with a SD card in 3DS larger then 32Gb (i tried a 64Gb SD & 128Gb SD)

XingBa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see wrong informations on first post.
Maybe it require a more detailed step by step?

Or do you talk about a FAQ for all user's questions?
random FAQ/answers are maintained here : http://gbatemp.net/threads/answers-for-most-common-gateway-2-0-questions.358509/
we could make it look nicer with separated sections later when we will have more informations.

By correct information I meant that information that has been given by some of the posts made in this thread. A few people are giving out false info and this would confuse different members.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
okay I install emunand and everything probably reformat in fact it up and it boots in gateway mode but it says the firmware still 4.40 not GW 6.3 it says GW 4.40 so what am I doing wrong how do I update it to 6.3

it should say GW3D 4.4 or whatever your original FW was in system settings, aslong as it does, goto page 4 of setting and system update, then it will update the EmuNAND to 6.3 and you will have GW3D 6.3.x, on next boot to GW mode, as after updating it will send you back to home and fall back to the SystemNAND, go back into settings ds profile etc and it should load to an updated emuNAND from then on

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, that's a problem, but users should always double/triple check everything before they act.
I understand everyone are in a hurry to try the new firmware, but taking time to read and see what problems other users encounter is better than being the one with problems.

We can't delete all user's post either :(
We (knowledgeable users and staff) will have to make the section look better and focus questions and answers in a single place to help other users.

Reactions: XingBa

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to update the emuNand, I got the screen with GW3D 4.2.0-9U, however when trying to update it connect to my router, however after starting the download it show me a error message (with no number code, only telling that there was a error) and the system restarts. Any way to correct this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...