Gamestop's new DSi @ 1.4.1?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by data1880, Sep 11, 2010.

Sep 11, 2010

Gamestop's new DSi @ 1.4.1? by data1880 at 6:19 PM (1,501 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. data1880
    OP

Newcomer data1880 Newbie

United States
    So I'm going to be buying a new DSi on Monday because my old DS was accidently upgraded to 1.4.1 . I'm gonna go to Gamestop but I dont want to end up buying a (New) DSi and find out that its already been updated to 1.4.1 out of the box. I know the firmware came out on Thursday I think. Does anyone know if Gamestops might already hold new DSi's with that firmware in it?

2. Ringo619

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What flash-cart do u have for your dsi? cause there 2 fixes for the 1.4.1 upgrade , one if for the DSSTi and the other is Supercard DSTWO if none of these are your flash card you should try other shops around you and check before buying it from gamestops

3. ShineStar

Newcomer ShineStar Advanced Member

Canada
    ...Wouldnt it make more sense and be cheaper to buy a new flashcard if there is no fix for the one you have?

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The DSTTi fix is fake.

It's cheaper to get a DSTWO or EZ-Flash Vi than a new console as both work with firmware 1.4.1, but the consoles in store right now won't have firmware 1.4.1. In the long term, you are better off having a flashcart which is compatiblle with 1.4.1. Your new console could get 'accidently' updated to 1.4.1, just like what happened with the one yu have now.

Consoles will normally be made in China, then shipped by boat to the US distributors, and from there to retailers warehouses and then to stores. That takes atleast 4-6 weeks from when Nintendo had the firmware update ready. So I'd say it will take 4-6 weeks for firmware 1.4.1 to show up on retail units.

It's always possible that Nintendo has been holding on to this firmware update for a while, but even then most consoles would have been sitting in stores warehouses for a few weeks. Some DSi's could months old when you buy them, the've simply been sitting on a store shelf.

5. Matthew

Member Matthew GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Get it from gamestop, what are the chances that they renewed their stock since Thursday

6. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    I don't think gamestop has and 1.4.1 dsi yet
    and it is cheaper to just buy a DSTWO

7. data1880
    OP

Newcomer data1880 Newbie

United States
    Okay so the old DS I have is being refunded for the full amount I purchased it for. And I'm using an M3i zero card. It wouldnt be cheaper to buy another flashcart because I'm going to need a new DS anyways. All I wanted to know was if it was possible that Gamestop received any new shipments of DSi's that came with 1.4.1.

8. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    The M3 team should have a bypass within a week, and it's your fault that you updated until there was a bypass for it.. And no I doubt any store has a whole order full of 1.4.1 DSi units just waiting for unsuspecting hackers.

9. data1880
    OP

Newcomer data1880 Newbie

United States
    a week? that seems highly unrealistic as the last update took a month to work out (By m3i at least)

10. unopepito06

Newcomer unopepito06 Advanced Member

United States
    Just a tip for next time: DON'T sign up on a forum just to ask a suspicious (and fairly obvious) question, and especially DON'T then inform everyone that you're going to engage in return fraud.

That's usually not a good idea. Just a tip. [​IMG]

11. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I bought my DSi XL yesterday, it was 1.4, I highly doubt stock has changed since the price drop. They might have got some new units in, but they won't be 1.4.1 for at least 1-2 more weeks and that is assuming any store actually clears out their stock before new ones arrive.