GameStop to sell Sony PlayStation figurine toyline

With the rampant success of Nintendo's amiibo toys, it appears that Sony is trying to slightly capitalize on the trend. Revealed via a GAME Espana video, it showcases six figurines from major Sony IPs, such as Crash Bandicoot, Bloodborne's Hunter, Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout, Parappa the Rapper, and Heihachi Mishima from Tekken 7. These figures will release on March 23, 2018 exclusively at GAME/Gamestop, will be manufactured by their subsidiary "ThinkGeek" and toymaker "Totaku", and will retail for $9.99 each. Unlike amiibo, however, these will not serve any function ingame, and are merely for collection purposes. A Kratos figure will also release later this year.

vNWyEaQ.png

:arrow: GameStop

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I... don't think this idea really works for them. It's not something you can use in-game, and these all look so gritty. Nothing like the colorful Amiibos.

So far they look better than the 10 cent melted plastic garbage amiibos are. Half of them don't even look anything like the characters they represent except for the -very- simple undetailed characters like kirby.

edit: the packaging for these looks horrendous though

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far they look better than the 10 cent melted plastic garbage amiibos are. Half of them don't even look anything like the characters they represent except for the -very- simple undetailed characters like kirby.

edit: the packaging for these looks horrendous though
Hah, like hell are the figures going to look that high quality, even the Amiibos looked better at E3. Then we got cheap Chinese knock off looking ones.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh joy. More garbage to clutter Gamestop's Buy3 Get 3 free pile. They don't even segregate the Skylanders, Amiibos, and Disney Infinity figures anymore. They're all dumped into the same bin display.

Sony is also super late to the fad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1