Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
None of you thought about this logically.

It could just be that they have a lot of 3DS' in their warehouses as stock and are making room for the Vita's. That's probably all it is seeing as everywhere else sells them cheaper anyway in the US (from what I gather based on your comments).
Except for a lot of us if you read the thread through.
There's this thing stores do called "sales". They do it once in a while to sell stuff.
As you can see it's only for a limited time. 2/7 to 2/12
If it was meant to derail the PS Vita it would go on into the PS vita launch.
And it'll be pretty dumb of gamestop to try to derail/sabotage a product they're trying to selling.

The article is wrong in their speculations.
There's nothing from nintendo or gamestop to confirm their bias and idiotic theory.
This is a sale, nothing more.

gamestop.png
Ehh, bought mine full price the launch week and no have no regrets. I assume it's just a sale though and nothing more.
Guys, I don't know if you realize this, but lately, Gamestop has been doing sales. For example, my friend picked up Assassin's Creed: Revelations new for $30 a little while back during one of their sales. Now it's right back up to $60. Regardless, if $20 really makes or breaks your decision to buy a 3DS, then you must have a really hard time getting cash, since at that point, $20 really doesn't make that big of a difference. I will say, it is suspiciously close to when the Vita is supposed to be landing, but as Gamestop is the only one holding the sale in the US only, I don't feel it is a Nintendo "HAHA VITA SUCK ON IT" strategy. The 3DS does plenty well without Nintendo needing to do anything else.
This is not that big a deal. Every week it seems Target is selling the 3DS for $169 with a free $20 to $30 gift card.
K-Mart and Toys R Us keep doing the same thing.
Last week Best Buy had Skylanders 3DS for $39 but it is now back at $69 and it look to be a permanant drop to $49 at Gamestop and Hastings.
1 store selling something at a discount does not mean Ninetndo is panicking. Do you say the oposit when placeing like Amazon.com engadge in the price gouging that it is doing by selling most Skylanders figs at 3x the price? Activision is not seeing that price increase. There is a margin built into the MSRP. If everyone is selling Skylanders at $7.99 they are making like $2.00 each on them, Selling them at $23 just means they are making $17 on them now.

Jennyfurr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a pink one :wub: but I already bought the Zelda one with the bundle.
I guess it's pretty cool though for those that haven't gotten one yet. I probably won't get a Vita at launch anyway :x

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got mine on release day here, at it's original price of 250€ (which for those who don't know is around 330$) and I don't regret it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Why couldn't you post this in the other thread about 3DS price drop?

News threads for when something gets a price drop on a different website is a bit too much

Reactions: 1 person

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now you can almost buy two 3DS's for the price of a Vita. (b/c of memory card tax)

Nintendo, you be trollin' poor Sonys. :P
I'm still not canceling my Vita pre-order. Gotta catch em all :P
Has no sales tax
U jelly
I think he was referring to the relatively expensive cost of Vita memory cards, not sales tax.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats fine, but i dont wanna have to play games in the future with a second analog stick "add on".

Well technically I don't see how this is any worse than like the Wii Motion Plus. The add ons are basically the same price (when the WM+ was an add-on it was $20, same as CPP) and the WM+ is a necessity for some games. If the CPP catches on then you'll certainly see the same thing. But I never really remember people complaining about the WM+ requirement for like Red Steel 2 or Skyward Sword. I bought two myself and I've used them ever since.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats fine, but i dont wanna have to play games in the future with a second analog stick "add on".

Well technically I don't see how this is any worse than like the Wii Motion Plus. The add ons are basically the same price (when the WM+ was an add-on it was $20, same as CPP) and the WM+ is a necessity for some games. If the CPP catches on then you'll certainly see the same thing. But I never really remember people complaining about the WM+ requirement for like Red Steel 2 or Skyward Sword. I bought two myself and I've used them ever since.

^The main difference is that the wm+ was quite late in the Wii's lifetime, and as you yourself stated, there are only two major games which need it.
The ccp is far earlier in the 3DS's lifetime, and therefore a lot more games are likely to use it. A lot of people, myself included, are waiting to see how popular it proves, which will probably indicate whether it's included in a revision.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^The main difference is that the wm+ was quite late in the Wii's lifetime, and as you yourself stated, there are only two major games which need it.
The ccp is far earlier in the 3DS's lifetime, and therefore a lot more games are likely to use it. A lot of people, myself included, are waiting to see how popular it proves, which will probably indicate whether it's included in a revision.

But when the WM+ came out, some games required it (such as Wii Sports Resort, a game I didn't mention). Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword also required it. The CPP isn't required for anything and most big games support it, but don't need it. Well, "required" is kind of opinionated. You can essentially optimize a game so poorly when it's on a standard scheme that in order to play effectively you need a CPP. Odds are games won't start requiring it for a while.

Plus the device is only $20, it's certainly not as pricey as other add ons like the Kinect or Move (which were like $150 investments when they launched). Plus it'll probably get use throughout its lifetime and if a remodel comes out that features a second stick, you won't have to spend another $100+ on a new model.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i guess i wasnt clear. I if i was gonna get a 3DS, i would get one with the second analog stick integrated into the system. i dont have a problem with the sider pad other than its an addon id have to get and it would make my 3DS look funny.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i guess i wasnt clear. I if i was gonna get a 3DS, i would get one with the second analog stick integrated into the system. i dont have a problem with the sider pad other than its an addon id have to get and it would make my 3DS look funny.

That's completely understandable and I agree. Personally, I'd probably get a 3DS as-is since I don't see myself using it for much outside of an upgraded DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...