Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Tricky, Nintendo, tricky.
I doubt this was gamestop's doing. It's not like they want sales stolen away at launch by a console that's $100 cheaper.

Reactions: 1 person

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
There's this thing stores do called "sales". They do it once in a while to sell stuff.
As you can see it's only for a limited time. 2/7 to 2/12
If it was meant to derail the PS Vita it would go on into the PS vita launch.
And it'll be pretty dumb of gamestop to try to derail/sabotage a product they're trying to selling.

The article is wrong in their speculations.
There's nothing from nintendo or gamestop to confirm their bias and idiotic theory.
This is a sale, nothing more.

gamestop.png

LOL GAMESTOP

nope

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone on CAG mentioned that managers said this sale was initiated by Nintendo to grab people on the fence.

No way. It's obvious Nintendo is scared shitless that the Vita is going to pound them into bankruptcy with their incredible sales.
Next week they'll be paying people to take the 3DS home.

(Sorry, I had an urge to see what it felt like to be Valwin)

HEY!! PUTTING TROLLISH AFTER THOUGHTS IN YOUR POSTS HIDDEN IN WHITE IS MY THING!!

But anyway, seeing how gamestop is lowering the price on the 3DS and offering that trade in deal is screaming cheap Vita right now (But I gotta crunch them numbers before I do anything insane)
Doing so is really stupid as those of us who use the dark theme can see what you're saying.
Well, then ill be sure to also put it in black :P

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this amazing? I bought a 3ds for my bro for 170 plus a 50 dollar gift card which i used to buy 3 games for the price of 2 at best buy. I basically paid a little over 200 for super mario kart 7, mario 3d land, and zelda 3d and a brand new 3ds.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo and Gamestop are now secretly married.

naaa Gamestop is just Nintendos Bitch, concubine, whore, prostitute etc...

(interesting note: consider the above against all the money Nintendo 'claims' to lose to pirates when they'er losing even more in resold pre owned games revenue than pirated loss. I say it's all just free press for nintendo. PT Barnum said ..._" it doesnt matter what they're saying about you as long as they dont stop talking about you..." that's the power of free advertising..

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I don't know if you realize this, but lately, Gamestop has been doing sales. For example, my friend picked up Assassin's Creed: Revelations new for $30 a little while back during one of their sales. Now it's right back up to $60. Regardless, if $20 really makes or breaks your decision to buy a 3DS, then you must have a really hard time getting cash, since at that point, $20 really doesn't make that big of a difference. I will say, it is suspiciously close to when the Vita is supposed to be landing, but as Gamestop is the only one holding the sale in the US only, I don't feel it is a Nintendo "HAHA VITA SUCK ON IT" strategy. The 3DS does plenty well without Nintendo needing to do anything else.

MarvinMar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not that big a deal. Every week it seems Target is selling the 3DS for $169 with a free $20 to $30 gift card.
K-Mart and Toys R Us keep doing the same thing.
Last week Best Buy had Skylanders 3DS for $39 but it is now back at $69 and it look to be a permanant drop to $49 at Gamestop and Hastings.
1 store selling something at a discount does not mean Ninetndo is panicking. Do you say the oposit when placeing like Amazon.com engadge in the price gouging that it is doing by selling most Skylanders figs at 3x the price? Activision is not seeing that price increase. There is a margin built into the MSRP. If everyone is selling Skylanders at $7.99 they are making like $2.00 each on them, Selling them at $23 just means they are making $17 on them now.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
None of you thought about this logically.

It could just be that they have a lot of 3DS' in their warehouses as stock and are making room for the Vita's. That's probably all it is seeing as everywhere else sells them cheaper anyway in the US (from what I gather based on your comments).

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not getting a 3ds untill next week or the week afterwards so hopefully I can get me one at this price.
Anybody know if this applies to the UK too?

Probably not, but the average price over here is about £130, and the maximum is £150ish.

If you look around you can get them as cheap as £100 - £120 sometimes. Supermarkets are generally quite cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s