Gaming Games you thought were gonna suck

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaman Starforce 3. I didn't like the first two much, but what an improvement with the third!
Soul Bubbles. This is one of the best touch based games i've ever played. Gorgeous awesome game!
Final Fantasy 3. I heard mixed things about the DS remake, but i loved it, didn't play original before this.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter Tri. I was anticipating it but I had a feeling that the very eastern design choices would be too much for me and leave me with a game I barely played. Even though i thought it was gonna suck for me....I still wanted it just cuz hunting monsters sounds cool! But i can now say I'm having so much fun with the game and surprised how quickly i sank alot of time into the game.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this is a tough question for me. I guess if I had to pick a DS game I'd say Hotel Dusk. My expectations weren't high and it was pretty tough to get into, but once I did, boy what a ride that was.

I can agree with Lux-Pain though. Usually story based games get much better as you get into them, but that just never went anywhere. The fights were starting to get kinda cool but I just got way too bored.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Henry Hatsworth: I thought it would be a bit messy, but I didn't have a good adventure game for vacation and took this one with me. I was quite suprised that I liked it.

Final Fantasy 3/4: Sometimes remakes can just break a game, but they didn't.

Again: At first I thought I wouldn't like it because the personas seemed to real for my taste. But I took it with me on vacation and I played it for three days straight (with only sleep, eating, etc) before putting it down.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I forgot to mention Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier.
When I saw it I was like
unsure.gif
but then I started playing it and I LOL'd at the humor and over the top combos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...