Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's list games that are totally mediocre and/or worse, and you know you have no damn excuse for liking so much.

For example, I REGULARLY still play Godzilla: Double Smash! and it's a terrible game. It's got fairly awful controls that all but require you to get heavily injured (seriously, the lava level is impossible to play as the walking monster without taking heavy damage) while the game has the gall to RANK your performance based solely on your health bar, it's 2-D polygon graphics would have been easily handled by the GBA, and its storyline is somehow the LEAST engaging of any of the Godzilla games of the past. (There actually are quite a few--I've done the research), and the sound is tinny at best.

Yet I've played the hell out of it. I'm a kaiju fan, which makes me the target audience, and I have no shame there, but this game is BAD. Heck, it's so bad, that while they bothered to license 16 different monsters from TOHO (plus the Gotengo/Atragon ship), they STILL needed to make up their own monsters (which are lame). And outside of filling out the roster of characters and unlocking cheats (most of which have mysterious names and appear to do only cosmetic changes, IF THAT), all else you get for a large amount of work you have to do (and at the point where that's what isn't unlocked, it IS work) is just pictures and design models.

It's a TERRIBLE game, and the makers should feel ashamed of themselves.

Yet it's in frequent rotation on my ds.

Let's hear your stories now.

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked SuperMan 64.
frown.gif

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those godforsaken free MMOs you see on flash ads all over the internet. I have no idea why, but every once in a while I'll think to myself "Man, I feel like playing some garbage games" and I'll just log a few hours into one of those things before I quit for a few days and play real games. =/

EDIT: Shouldn't this belong in "General Consoles Discussion"?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Almost everything AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd) reviews, look him up on youtube or gametrailers.

Imagine games are all bad

The Ponyz, Horsez and anything of this nature are horrible.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the NES was so bad that I dumped the cartridge in acid.

The oldschool Godzilla games were bad except for the Super Famicom game Godzilla: Monster War.

All Gundam games localized in the states except Federation vs Zeon, Encounters in Space, and Side Story 0079 (Really epic Gundam games such as Battle Universe, Gundam vs series, 0081, and Lost War chronicles are Japan only)

All Japanese Quiz games are a waste

Shaq Fu

Superman 64

Super Hydelide (the 1st Hydelide sucked so bad AVGN reviewed it, I played Super and the third Hydelide and both suck)

Rhapsody A musical Adventure (This game sucks, it's too easy, and that battle system in the PS version fails so hard, Angel's Present and The Adventures of Puppet Princess are good and the songs are better you just have to get used to NIS style very young female protagonist concept, which had led to their lost profits in the present day)

The 4th Marl Kingdom game Antiphona sucks even harder, they didn't learn their lessons, it's still far too easy, the story is now weak, Angel's Present and Puppet Princess had simple but very well done stories, the songs aren't as good (This is the best part of the series), and repetitive elements and this is in 2009 and that protagonist concept isn't even liked anymore (times change, up the age of the protagonist, no wonder your profits decreased by 97.5%)

To tell the truth I love NIS games but that concept has to change, I know they can do better (La Pucelle: Ragnerok was near epic), up the difficulty of future games in the Marl Kingdom series and make your characters a reasonable age, gamers now don't want a 10, 11, and 12 year old protagonist, 1998 has passed, get with the program.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I usually get rid of a game if its bollocks. The only exception to this was Lux Pain, I think I tricked myself ito thinking this could be a good adventure. It wasn't, the story was bat shit and the gameplay involved touch screen rape. I gave up when I got into the situation where I couldn't progress further becasue I didn't do something earlier. I wasted something ten hours playing that shit as well.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
y'know, when I started the thread, I did actually intend for it to be a ds game thread. I now see I wasn't clear about that...so I guess it has to be an all inclusive thread by this point. sigh.

and Hop, you're lucky your avatar looks like a girl, so I won't incite physical violence towards your fightin' words regarding the Godzilla games. Seriously, the first NES game is near perfect despite what some people who think it's trendy to hate old games say. Yes the graphics are bad and error filled, but they're 8-bit and HUGE. Yes the world map is clunky, but it's hardly the worst around. The only complaints I have with it are a lack of playable characters (No rodan despite intentionally making half the goddamn human vehicles references to Toho films?! ) and the controller-breaking "fireball of death" Also, if you get a chance, check out the game gear Godzilla game. It's like they refined the NES game to perfection. you use a Shining Force style "chess board" layout of going through the city, fighting either as the good guy monsters or the military force, enacting a scenario from the movies, and when two characters clash, it switches to a little brief 2-d fighter form. It's fun to play even without knowing Japanese.

Also, while I'm lecturing you hop, I'm not looking for AVGN rants and raves, because he rarely loves the games he's reviewing (though his TMNT review pretty much encapsulates any kid in the eighties ever playing the game. Especially on that one insane gap in level three you have to WALK over) Though to be fair, if you honestly consider Jeckyll and Hyde a game that you play anyways despite its awfulness than you have my respect regained.

I'd appreciate it if more people responded in detail like I have. Tell us WHY a game sucks that you keep on playing anyway. And if you want to rebut someone else's claims towards crappiness, please do. I think the terrible games are the ones that need the most attention.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was Star Wars Battlefront on the DS. It was a crap game but for some reason I played it through. It brought some type of Smash TV-esque "shoot shit up" joy, although overall it was less than mediocre.

Puzzle Chronicles on the DS. It's probably the worst version of it out there. Laggy and full of boring, uninteresting cinematics, but it was kinda addicting, puzzle wise.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see..I played Cooking Mama..
Oh and with cheats I found Touch the Dead to be a blast!

@Outgum's spoiler, NO ONE should play Runscape for long, there's just too much better stuff out there to spend time with that..game..

EnnEss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haflore said:
Let's see..I played Cooking Mama..
Oh and with cheats I found Touch the Dead to be a blast!

@Outgum's spoiler, NO ONE should play Runscape for long, there's just too much better stuff out there to spend time with that..game..

+1 on Cooking Mama xD

And... also... Sokoban DS is very lame.

Pictoimage DS is uber lame.

Hmm....

Mario Party DS.....

Fishing Master Wii!

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nostalgia.

I know a lot of people like it and I was one of those people for a looong time but URRRGHH it just gets so boring and I thought "Why am I still playing this!?"

Also, I've probably tried a couple 'imagine' games or stuff like that, just to see how crap they are xDD

Oh, and yeah I played cooking mama as well >_> *ashamed*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents