Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Link0518 said:
choconado said:
shoot, yeah to Electroplankton. The game gets old after like, five minutes. YET. WE. CAN'T. STOP. PLAYING.

And they are going to release a lot of different versions of it on DSi Shop XD
They're already released, Electroplankton had 10 different play types and they release all of them separately.

Now, because of you guys, I suddenly got the urge to blow the dust off my old Electroplankton cartridge (yes, I bought it) and start making some music again
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Halo: Reach

Can you say? Same old shit.

edit:i thought the topic was any new game.

It's not even a new game. A game has to be released to be "new".

Yet another "Hi, look at me, I'm cool and radical because I hate something popular!" type of post. If you don't like Halo, that's great, no need to go out of your way to bash it. If it was a horrific game that was an insult to games everywhere it wouldn't have sold millions upon millions of copies.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
while it's mildly off topic, to be fair Guildy, I hate Halo and haven't even ever touched the game. The closest I've come to playing it is the the unlockable Halo character in the DOA game for 360 that my nephew once rented.

But then, I want to say the last FPS that entertained me at all was Half-Life, and that was due to the interactive plot. I got bored of those games in the last century.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
choconado said:
while it's mildly off topic, to be fair Guildy, I hate Halo and haven't even ever touched the game. The closest I've come to playing it is the the unlockable Halo character in the DOA game for 360 that my nephew once rented.

But then, I want to say the last FPS that entertained me at all was Half-Life, and that was due to the interactive plot. I got bored of those games in the last century.
Halo isn't bad at all, it's a pretty decent game, but it's way overhyped.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
choconado said:
I fucking hate people like you.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
choconado said:
Can't say I'm too fond of people who make judgements about something, without trying it first. However, there's no need to hate such people
lecture.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the living hell out of Tenchu DS when I first got my card. It looks really bad, the gameplay can hardly be called true stealth, and it's probably the worst hit to the series' reputation ever, which is saying something. Still, I played it through several times.

choconado

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
choconado said:

Well, to be fair, I made a pretty clear explanation as to WHY I hated it. And that was because it was an FPS, the genre whose innovation rate is only slightly higher than the Madden series. What little I know about the game's story sounds like it's interesting that they actually had the wherewithal to make the evil alien invaders holy crusaders in their own mind. However, it's still just an FPS, whose main innovations weren't that at all, or were at best mild improvements over things that were still rare to commercial games. (anyone who followed the mod community to FPS's in the nineties could tell you that)

In more related/on topic discussion:

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. You play as Tingle, the 35-year-old, fat, bald FLAMINGLY Gay character from several Zelda titles. It's an awkard at best game engine, where your money is literally the hinge that anything in the game runs on, from your progress, to your level access, to your very conversations with ANY NPC, to your lifebar. You have to pay people to stay alongside you and make any progress in your adventures, because noone in their right mind would hang out with Tingle for free. It's frustrating, and often overly difficult beyond reason.

And yet, I think I play that more than any other game on my card.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalterCool said:
Halo is bad... i cant accept a 1st person war game without blood

There is blood, what are you talking about? Both alien and human.

QUOTE(darkworldz @ Mar 2 2010, 10:02 AM) Pokemon LOL..

Next time you try to troll, at least put some effort into it. Okay?

Anyway, there's probably a few movie games out there that may come off as shovelware but are pretty decent. Over the Hedge and Star Wars Episode III were good, for starters. While not a DS game, Avatar (the movie) was pretty crap on the Wii but I still played some of it. Not a great game but it still had decently pleasing stealth mechanics.

choconado

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it depends which FF you're talking about. And I've played most of them (I started falling out of the loop around 11 because I didn't have the time or money for an MMO). and for the record, I played the HELL out of each of the ones I played. the NES parts 2 and 3 have probably been played the least by me of all those. And I'm including the four Game Boy titles that are actually from other series's but are called FF.

The games I found the most boring in the series are part 5 and part 8. And I freakin' love 5. But it's just grind central. Ironically, I'd say that the fundamental lack of grinding in 8 goes a long way towards it being not worth playing. It's got a compelling story, but a system that actively discourages your fighting seems pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, I love those cotton candy grapes.... so good!!!