Hacking Games wont load ! Help :O

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well ... I installed Twilight Hack today, everything went fine. I also got one of the booters on the channels ready and all. But whenever booting ANY Burned game, I would get DVD Error ( 349 ), and the disc won't launch. I can't eject the disc ( will only eject if I boot Wii ) to try if it would start reading.

I burned with IMGBurn with 2x Speed to Verbatim DVD+R, using BrickBlocker and also tried without. I also tried Waninkoko's IOSPatcher to change the IOS of the ISO to 249, still won't work. I'm using 3.1E, and I don't want to update it to 3.2 because I have no plans of installing Starfall. Any help ? :S

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try looking at the 2000 other threads people have started with this topic

DVD+R generally dont work - error 349 is a media read error - your wii cant read the disc

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
nicksasa said:
install cios rev7

Link for download ? What about the cIOS I have already on my Wii. Don't I need to uninstall that first as I think it's the newest ? ( I used the Gamma backup launcher zip )

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
djtaz said:
Try looking at the 2000 other threads people have started with this topic

DVD+R generally dont work - error 349 is a media read error - your wii cant read the disc

I did, and searching through 2000 topics is pretty hard
wink.gif
. Also to note, some people claim DVD+R works better on them while DVD-R does not, and others say the other way around. There's no way telling if DVD-R will work. Anyway assuming error 349 is media read error, does that mean no matter what cIOS is installed or backup launcher used, the game will *not* launch ?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
zerof said:
At least change the book type if you want to use dvd+r.

What ? o.o

Sorry I'm not familiar with this stuff. Care to explain in detail ? Just that, I can get DVD+R's for so goddamnit cheap while DVD-R cost bunch... Of course, I'll go buy some DVD-R if I can't get it working on DVD+R, but I don't want to waste money if it still won't work.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Distrance said:
zerof said:
At least change the book type if you want to use dvd+r.

What ? o.o

Sorry I'm not familiar with this stuff. Care to explain in detail ? Just that, I can get DVD+R's for so goddamnit cheap while DVD-R cost bunch... Of course, I'll go buy some DVD-R if I can't get it working on DVD+R, but I don't want to waste money if it still won't work.

Under ImgBurn click the book icon and look for your burner. Sometimes it not possible.

And booktype DVD+R as DVD-ROM.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
muck chucker said:

As for that file, I already have in the Apps - cIOS Installer folder a file called '' cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol '', isn't that the same ?

Edit : Details on what book type to actually choose would be nice ?. What am I supposed to do there ? Will games work by the way even if I burn them with max speed ?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well only one of the tabs worked, and it was RICOH, whatever that is. I changed the Book type to DVD-R, but it still says on IMGBurn on details at the right side ... Profile type : DVD+R.. Book Type : DVD+R

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Doesn't help. But the idea of this is to '' change '' DVD+R into DVD-R ? If so, I might aswell go and buy one DVD-R to see what happens..

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Burning atm.. Lets see what happens as soon as it's burned.

I used that IOSPatcher for the ISO file to change the cIOS to 249 though, and I'm burning the same image at the moment to the DVD-R. Could this affect it so that it might not work ?

And really, will games not work if I burn them with 16x speed instead of 2-4x? I don't really understand why they wouldn't.

Edit : Regarding the problem ; I burned Pokemon Battle Revolution ( different ISO than the one I patched ), and works perfectly with DVD-R. Loading times seem slightly slower? but I can live with that. Thanks for your input people.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
16x burning speed works fine. 40+ backups on both dvd+r and -r no coasters whatsoever. (dvd+r booktyped to -r)
The only real reason for a lower speed is if your computer is older, or if you are doing alot of hard drive intensive stuff at the same time as burning (for example torrents running or video playback)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night