Hacking Games with sound problems on EDGE/iEDGE 1.10!

ferofax

End of the World
OP
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i just wanna share these i guess. i kinda noticed that some of the games that i've been playing have sub-par sounds/music compared to others that work fine (especially those with spoken audio).

Pokemon Black/White
(which everybody knows by now)
Etrian Odyssey III (dunno if anybody's noticed it, but the music when you're voyaging or at the pier sounds horrible compared to the rest of the game. maybe just me though)
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga - Masoukishin The Lord of Elemental (just like Pokemon B/W, its like the top layers of the music were taken out and all you have is the monotonic counterpoints. and when certain characters perform moves with spoken audio, the sounds that come out is unintelligible).

i dunno if there are any other games out there, probably more though. and the way things are right now with the missing dev teams, these issues (among other more important ones, like firmware updates) may not be addressed at all. :/

EDIT: ADDED titles

Super Scribblenauts
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals
Assassin's Creed 2
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
Love Plus+
Fairy Tail TV Anime
Katekyou Hitman Reborn Fire Rumble XX Shin 6 Chouka
Solatorobo
Sonic Colors
Cooking Mama World Hobbies & Fun (E)
(dunno about World Kitchen, but i expect it'd be the same)

RedCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
there are many games that having same problems with sounds like that especially on new games...
take for example...
KH Re:Coded (Sora's voice sounds like an ogre)
Lufia Curse of Sinstrails (BGM's are terrible *beep* *boop*)
and rejoice...
I've just checked the site...
QUOTE said:
24 / 10 / 2010

The EDGE Team are currently working on a bootstrap fix for DSi firmware 1.4.1 and an update to enhance compatibility with recent games. Expect a release within the next 2-3 weeks.
hopefully they'll fix this problem...
yaynds.gif

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingdom hearts re coded has some problems. Sora has a terribly low voice lol. plus the bgm has a similar problem to the pokemon black and white problem

ferofax

End of the World
OP
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
bejiman said:
Or maybe the problem could be caused by hardware. Edge not powerful enough for some games.
no such thing, if i could say so myself. just because there are other more hardware-oriented flashcarts doesn't mean those that doesn't (which is everything other than SCDSTWO/iPlayer) can't. as long as the game runs on DS mode, EDGE will ALWAYS be powerful enough to run it. muscle is not everything.

bejiman

Trophies
XP
Country
@ferofax
Start a new game with Shattered Dimensions and listen to those people in the background.

*adds the 3rd Taiko game and Sonic Colors*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1