Games which force you to keep coming back?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by evadwolrab, Jul 1, 2007.

Jul 1, 2007
  1. evadwolrab
    OP

Member evadwolrab GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've tried Animal Crossing and it didn't really catch me. I know Brain Age and Planet Puzzle League have the 'Daily Play' option which to me seems really cool.

I like games that give you an incentive to keep coming back every day. Just little touches like when games know what time of day it is (Dr. Kawashima yawning when you play at midnight is a good example).

I was just wondering if people knew of other games which just keep forcing you to come back and play them through various ways, even if it's just to do a Brain Age check for two minutes. Seems like a great idea, and perfect for a portable.

2. Cydewinder

Newcomer Cydewinder Member

New Zealand
    Picross has a daily picross mode (I think theres... 5? different modes you unlock by playing for x amount of days).

Little things to do each day are perfect for a portable with a flash card, but I cant imagine carrying my DS, Picross, Brain Age, Planet Puzzle League, and who knows what else with me on the train every day so that I can swap the carts every 2 minutes and complete all the daily tasks.

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Nodame Cantabile [​IMG]
    I'll be playing Nervous Brickdown for a long time...

4. evadwolrab
    OP

Member evadwolrab GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I see your point. for those who wish to remain flash cart-free, it would be cool if Nintendo made some sort of cart that you can download all your daily-play modes on to. It won't happen but it would be a very good idea.

5. chalupa

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well though you don't like it, I always play animal crossing for fear of weeds.

ouendan is like addicting like crack covered cigarettes though.

6. emmsmama

Newcomer emmsmama Advanced Member

Canada
    Nintendogs - if you stay away your dog is hungry and thirsty and ticked off at you when you return.

7. Fadakar

Newcomer Fadakar Advanced Member

United States
    I've logged too many hours into ACWW than I could wish. Thank god I beat the addiction hehe.

8. lblk32

Member lblk32 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    pokemon diamond mang