Gaming Games that you thought you would enjoy

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Even though I'm a male in his mid-twenties, I loved the concept behind The Chase: Felix meets Felicity and followed it through the last year or so. I couldn't wait to try it out, hoping for some great Sonic-esque platforming action meets Kirby's Canvas Curse.

What I got I did not sign up for. Weird handling, weird physics, weird speed control, weird controls.

Edragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr.Mister said:
Disgaea DS

I was thinking, "Hey, a fun tactical RPG should be good for me!", since I love the genre, but this game was a little over the top and just way too slow and too long for me, felt like work.

EDIT: Wtf with all the FFIV hate in here?

well.. i thought i was a rare case that dont like FFIV

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The core gameplay of Summon Night: Twin Age was fan-fucking-tastic, but it's like they tried to do everything in their power to make it unfun...bad story, loads of cutscenes, very little gameplay, way too easy, etc. I had a huge list of complaints when I actually played it but don't remember them now. It's just such a shame, since the gameplay itself brought back memories of Diablo.

And I tried to like Phantom Hourglass as well, but going back to that temple over and over really just tried my patience and made the game boring to me.

I thought I would like Phoenix Wright more, but it just felt way too linear and didn't involve as much thinking and logic as I expected it to. It was like reading a book with small moments of interaction, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wanted more of a game.

Also I thought I would like Professor Layton a lot more than I did...a lot of the puzzles are rehashes of ones I've done before in books (I expected more based on all of the great things I heard about the game), and the amount of fun I had in the game really varied depending on the puzzle I was playing at the moment- some were really fun and interesting, and some felt like a chore.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought Sim City for the DS. I was real excited cause it was just like Sim City 3000, which i loved, but there was just too much wrong. There were loading screens(?!) and the touch controls miss alot, forcing you to erase and send lots of excess money.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy III - I hate how you have to fricking find the secret items or else your screwed in this game so badly without certain equipment or the gold given.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this needs to be said. Anything of the so-still-called Sonic the Hedgehog games since he went 3D, including those stupid GBA games in 2D pretending to be the 3D games to the rest. They forgot how to make a fast paced wide world fun Sonic experience entirely and Sonic Team should just die.

policrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
haringtonl said:
New Super Mario Bros.
Metroid Prime Hunters
The World Ends with YOU!!!!

A hell of a lot of games fit the description, but these three range from indifference to loathing. The World Ends With You - it might be the graphics/style/artwork, or the narcissism (intentional I know), or both, but I found it repellent. Sounded promising though. They might have done a lot with New Super Mario Bros.., rather than the lifeless lump it is.

Oh and Phantom Hourglass. I think you have to keep going back into that early Temple, with the timer, between all the other Temples. Great. The sea is boring too.

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Metroid Prime Hunters - Was a bit boring. Online was ok, until hackers showed up.
Final Fantasy 3 - Couldn't get into it.
Starfox - Wasn't like the one on N64, you just flew around the same area and shoot random things.
Elite Beat Agents - Hated the music.

Acheron said:
+1 for world ends with you, i really tried to like it.. not for me.

Yeah that was the same for me, until it got to the 2nd part(week?) of the game it was pretty fun.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Chronicles- all I can say is what a letdown. And a letdown from Bioware of all people.

Star Wars Clone Wars Jedi Alliance- first of all let me say that this is probably up there with the most impressive games on the system. Gorgeous full 3D environments, dynamic lighting, incredibly detailed characters along with incredible animation, all dialog is voiced really well by the official actors of the cartoon, and incredible action cutscene sequences. The problem? Well when we aren't admiring the amazing graphics, or having fun with the Dragons Lair-style action sequences, the game just isn't that fun. This is due to the unresponsive touch screen controls, and the mindless and boring battles. I do think they should reuse the engine and some of the ideas, but make it more Jedi knight like, and have an option to use the buttons. This game could have been so much better.

Megaman ZX and the sequel- what's weird is that I like both classic Megaman, the Zero series, the battle network games, and even Starforce. I'm not even sure WHY I don't like these two games, they just didn't click with me. I might try them again, but we'll see.

Lego Indy- I liked the Lego Star Wars DS game (the unglitchy one) as it borrowed some of the level designs from the console game. But Indy didn't really use anything from the console game. I don't know, it just didn't seem as fun as LSW.

Rayman DS- take one of my absolute favorite 3D platformers and put it on DS. How could it go wrong? Well apparently Ubisoft doesn't care much about their old character anymore, besides to pump out shovelware bunny games. This DS port came with a terrible frame rate and the most unresponsive controls possible, making one of the best 3D games nauseating to say the least. The graphics were also badly ported, and the entire game feels cheaply made. We KNOW the DS can do better too, so it's not due to technical limits. The only thing that WAS ported perfectly is the sound. The music and voices are still as great and charming as ever.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I agree, FFIII was a total letdown for me. I ended up playing half an hour, and then just deleted it off my cart.

However, FFIV was a total gem and I loved its gameplay. The port was very well made, 3rd best game I've ever played on the DS (Zelda and TWEWY beat it). Dunno why the combat system is messed up, if you give the correct augments to specific characters, it's easy.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The World Ends With You... What can I say but
huh.gif
WTF Square Enix, this is just a poor game IMHO, I tried to play longer I really did, but in the middle of Week 2 I couldn't continue it just seemed to get worse. I know that a LOT of people loved that game but I can't see why, I almost threw up when Neku went Emo (and slightly homicidal i think, can't remember whether that was the game or just how I was feeling having played it) on his friend (stick to FF remakes that's where the money is)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
armbeno said:
New Super Mario Bros, I can't play it.
Really? I thought it was really well done, EXCEPT the over world music for the first level. Terrible. And I hate that the enemies dance to the music. *snip

MouseTrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one game that I thought I would enjoy but didn't was, "The World Ends With You". I didn't really like the type of graphics, and the story line. Just was not my game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist