Gaming Games that you HATE the most

RandomTask37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hate? As far as dislike,

I dislike how Haze and Lair seem like deliberate attempts by Sony to bankrupt Factor 5 and Free Radical, two companies that really helped the N64 not flop over the Saturn.
Post automatically merged:

I dislike Aliens: Fireteam (or whatever it's called) for being so so so cheap and not fun. I get it's a money sink for future quality stuff like AI but come on, at least the Predator one is enjoyable.

The Aliens franchise actually has an excellent track record in computer gaming. Seems reckless to reskin Operation Racooon City with Aliens and make it shit to boot.

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Mortal Kombat is the most overrated fighting game series of all times that even today has a fanatic audience. Even when it first came out its gore was unrealistic as hell and laughable while games like Samurai Shodown, Killer Instinct, Mace The Dark Age and Thrill Kill did it much better. Even at the trailer of the new Mortal Kombat the gore is so cringe that it's like it was made by an edgy teenager.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What are the games that you just hate the most? Here are mine and the reasons why I hate them:
  1. Pokémon: Also overrated. And not only that, there are lots of overrated characters like Lucario (why do people like him so much?)
Why do people like Lucario? For one, he just looks cool. In terms of actual gameplay, he's very versatile, easily able to run physical or special sets and able to learn a wide range of moves, and his Mega Evolution is not only the first (and only story-relevant) one gotten in XY but is also extremely powerful - and looks badass to boot.

He also starred in a Pokemon movie, where he was sealed away by his trainer and friend, Sir Aaron, who then went and sacrificed himself to stop a war by reviving the Tree of Beginning; Aaron's Lucario was initially unaware of his friend's sacrifice, viewing his leaving of his country as desertion and cowardice, but ended up also sacrificing himself to revive the same tree after finding a note detailing Aaron's last thoughts and wishes.

As for games I hate, there's of course BotW and TotK for all but replacing the traditional formula that made the Legend of Zelda games so fun - replacing that with no sense of direction, extremely fragile equipment, a very limited loadout of gear (what, four abilities in BotW, two of which were just differently-shaped bombs, and not much more in TotK - where's the interesting stuff, like the Lens of Truth or masks or Gust Bellows or Hookshot, etc.?), limited stamina, and extremely piss-poor dungeon replacements.

Then there's Super Mario Galaxy, for fucking up the elements that made 64 (and 64 DS) so enjoyable - Galaxy is extremely linear, in that when you select a Star you can't deviate and collect a different Star, instead you have to get them in order. Motion controls are worthless garbage as always, and reducing Mario's HP from 8 to 3 is bullshit and makes no sense (8 HP allowed enemies and hazards to deal varying amounts of damage, instead of all just dealing 1 point of damage, and gave the player more wiggle room). Sure, there's a Mushroom that doubles that 3 HP to 6, but it has to be recollected after collecting a Star and selecting a different one, but also disappears if you take enough damage to drop back to 3 HP, so...yeah, FAIL.
Oh, and Rosalina doesn't do ANYTHING in either Galaxy or Galaxy 2, except stand there doing nothing in Galaxy 1 and being a 100% completion reward in 2. Worthless character; I cannot understand why so many people like her.

What else...Overwatch, for popularising loot boxes. Fortnite, for looking so incredibly childish and yet making enough money for Epic to launch their own shitty incomplete storefront that's known for purchasing exclusivity on a platform that detests exclusivity. Skyward Sword, for being the first LoZ game with breakable shields and limited stamina, and for having that damn tiny Pouch system, and thus being the only game in the series to require a fucking storage service (that's also run by the ugliest bitch in the series; eurgh), not to mention the Imprisoned chases that aren't fun and are further ruined by said limited stamina.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey, for not only depicting a widely-inaccurate version of ancient Greece and Sparta (women were not permitted to join the military or become mercenaries, and had no voice in politics, and there were very few, if any, dark-skinned people. Tanned, sure, but Africans and African-descents? No), but having a bullshit 'war' system where you could conquer territory for either side, only for that same territory to almost immediately fall to the other side after you wander off.
Oh, and the bloody cash shop with EXP and money boosters, from memory. Fuck that.
Ubisoft, just admit that the majority of the playerbase chose to play as Alexios, and he's the historically-accurate one, and stop pretending his stupid sister is the 'canon' one.

Last edited by RichardTheKing,

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Excuse me ???

You do sound like those unsufferable brats who think they know it all at 11 years old. Keep quiet and wait until puberty's over to open your big mouth on adult topics.
You pretend being mature while you resort to cheap verbal attacks because of your lack of valid arguments? Sad.

Any Sports Game....i mean go out and play urself lmao
"FPS games? Just join the army! Lol!"

Reactions: dudeguy2022

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why do people like Lucario? For one, he just looks cool. In terms of actual gameplay, he's very versatile, easily able to run physical or special sets and able to learn a wide range of moves, and his Mega Evolution is not only the first (and only story-relevant) one gotten in XY but is also extremely powerful - and looks badass to boot.

He also starred in a Pokemon movie, where he was sealed away by his trainer and friend, Sir Aaron, who then went and sacrificed himself to stop a war by reviving the Tree of Beginning; Aaron's Lucario was initially unaware of his friend's sacrifice, viewing his leaving of his country as desertion and cowardice, but ended up also sacrificing himself to revive the same tree after finding a note detailing Aaron's last thoughts and wishes.
Yeah, whatever. But I'm not going to change my opinion on Lucario, no matter what. And I've never watched the anime so I don't know what does even happen.

Also, did you say you hate Super Mario Galaxy? You hurt me badly there because I like that game, I have it on 3D All-Stars and I'm already at 73 stars collected. What about Lumas, either? Polari? Bah, think what you want to think, that game is GREAT though.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, did you say you hate Super Mario Galaxy? You hurt me badly there because I like that game, I have it on 3D All-Stars and I'm already at 73 stars collected.
I kind of hated Galaxy for the first couple of hours, but it grew on me in a big way. Galaxy 1 and 2 are my favorite 3D Marios. I also hated Sunshine and 3D Land until I got a feel for them. I think the 3D Marios just aren't as immediately accessible as the 2D ones.

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I kind of hated Galaxy for the first couple of hours, but it grew on me in a big way. Galaxy 1 and 2 are my favorite 3D Marios. I also hated Sunshine and 3D Land until I got a feel for them. I think the 3D Marios just aren't as immediately accessible as the 2D ones.
Talk about Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Odyssey...

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly, and this is kinda the opposite of this thread's theme, but I love Super Mario 3D Land; it's just so much more approachable and fun than Galaxy ever was.

Probably due to them correctly eschewing motion controls, and replacing the stupid 3-HP thing with regular ol' power-up stages (and leaving out the useless bitch Rosalina - damn you 3D World for bringing her back...), as well as each level actually being FUN to go through, compared to Galaxy's way too open and poorly-designed galaxies. I don't even mind that 3D Land is far more linear, as it resembles classic Mario in that aspect, instead of featuring a 3D hub and seemingly promising freedom and utterly failing to deliver.

3D World, though...ugh. Rosalina can go die, I'd much rather not play as Peach either, the clone cherry is way too fiddly (trying to control multiple character copies at once is a royal pain - why add this?), Plessie or whatever doesn't control well either, and to 100% it (by getting all stamps) you need to finish each and every level as all five characters - NO THANKS.
3D Land only had two characters, and that was pushing it; double-and-a-halfing it? Fuck right off.

Bowser's Fury is alright, except for the final Bowser fight; god do I hate that one.

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly, and this is kinda the opposite of this thread's theme, but I love Super Mario 3D Land; it's just so much more approachable and fun than Galaxy ever was.

Probably due to them correctly eschewing motion controls, and replacing the stupid 3-HP thing with regular ol' power-up stages (and leaving out the useless bitch Rosalina - damn you 3D World for bringing her back...), as well as each level actually being FUN to go through, compared to Galaxy's way too open and poorly-designed galaxies. I don't even mind that 3D Land is far more linear, as it resembles classic Mario in that aspect, instead of featuring a 3D hub and seemingly promising freedom and utterly failing to deliver.

3D World, though...ugh. Rosalina can go die, I'd much rather not play as Peach either, the clone cherry is way too fiddly (trying to control multiple character copies at once is a royal pain - why add this?), Plessie or whatever doesn't control well either, and to 100% it (by getting all stamps) you need to finish each and every level as all five characters - NO THANKS.
3D Land only had two characters, and that was pushing it; double-and-a-halfing it? Fuck right off.

Bowser's Fury is alright, except for the final Bowser fight; god do I hate that one.
The only thing we're both in agreement is Fortnite. The rest is all a dispute on what we like and what we don't.

Oh, and if you hate Rosalina, well... out of all the Mario characters in existence I hate Bowser. Never been a fan of him, and because of that I earned some hate from the community.

Last edited by SDA,

The_Draco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy 3 DS. Not sure if other versions are better but the job system was essentially meaningless, the combat took forever, and the game crashes commonly on the final dungeon that has no save points.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Final Fantasy 3 DS. Not sure if other versions are better but the job system was essentially meaningless, the combat took forever, and the game crashes commonly on the final dungeon that has no save points.
FF3 DS...the 3D remake of the first FF game with switchable jobs, huh.
Personally, I never understood why they replaced one of the four boys with a girl; was that really necessary? Why force female characters into everything - what's so wrong about having a party of just male characters? Forcefully replacing a boy with a girl, just for the sake of 'diversity', is incredibly sexist.

This is the one Pixel Remaster I'd personally recommend over the 3D remake, because it correctly keeps the four boys.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I never understood why they replaced one of the four boys with a girl; was that really necessary? Why force female characters into everything - what's so wrong about having a party of just male characters? Forcefully replacing a boy with a girl, just for the sake of 'diversity', is incredibly sexist.

This is the one Pixel Remaster I'd personally recommend over the 3D remake, because it correctly keeps the four boys.
I thought about starting the pixel remaster, but I've been busy with the legend of dragoon. I vaguely remember the nes version, just like with ff2. I've beaten ff1 and 2, but I couldn't platinum 2 due to missing missables, as I never use guides. I was worried about missables in part 3, which may be why I skipped it.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah we get it, you have the same rant about every game with a girl in. I'm sorry if a girl was mean to you one day and scarred you for life.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah we get it, you have the same rant about every game with a girl in. I'm sorry if a girl was mean to you one day and scarred you for life.
More like two girls consistently bullied me in Years 5 and 6, and my Year 6 teacher (a woman) was a total bitch to me as well; that made me extremely uncomfortable around girls, and started my...dislike of them.
So it wasn't "a" girl that was mean to me "one day" - three females, two for around 700 days, and one for around 350. In my formative years, no less, when I was entering puberty, and this extensive bullying by the female sex is why I went to an all-boys high school afterwards.

It's hard to shake off something ingrained into you whilst you're young, and...this is my ingraining, as unfortunate as it may be. Even now, I've got no interest in dating, thanks to those two girls and one woman all those years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More like two girls consistently bullied me in Years 5 and 6, and my Year 6 teacher (a woman) was a total bitch to me as well; that made me extremely uncomfortable around girls, and started my...dislike of them.
So it wasn't "a" girl that was mean to me "one day" - three females, two for around 700 days, and one for around 350. In my formative years, no less, when I was entering puberty, and this extensive bullying by the female sex is why I went to an all-boys high school afterwards.

It's hard to shake off something ingrained into you whilst you're young, and...this is my ingraining, as unfortunate as it may be. Even now, I've got no interest in dating, thanks to those two girls and one woman all those years ago.
I'm sorry that happened to you, sounds rough. I guess therapy would be the course of action so you can try to find a way to deal with it and not let the actions of three people forever damage your relationship with a few billion others. Good luck.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Decided to purposefully keep this secret until now.

Over the past few months, my hate for the entire Pokémon franchise has grown to proportions I would've never ever imagined to see. The result is that I now hate this series so much that I also hate people who like them. I was even about to make a FireRed ROM hack that just ruins the whole script with slangs, but I can't run the text editor on my PC so... *internal screaming*

Anyway, if you like Pokémon, the best thing you can do is to STEER CLEAR FROM ME.

Last edited by SDA,
Reactions: hippy dave

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Any and all Final Fantasys. Shallow stories with cookie cutter characters set on dead worlds. (When talking about the series I substitute "Final" with another quite well rhyming word, which describes the series perfectly.) The ratings the series has gotten practically proves that gamergate was actually right...

Reactions: SDA

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hate all horrors games and most japan games like elten ping blutborn fartal fartazy dad sols diablo reminet email etc
I... honestly did not understand your post very well.
Any and all Final Fantasys. Shallow stories with cookie cutter characters set on dead worlds. (When talking about the series I substitute "Final" with another quite well rhyming word, which describes the series perfectly.) The ratings the series has gotten practically proves that gamergate was actually right...
You're not alone. I too hate Final Fantasy.

krzys4x

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
basically I dont like games without guns or swords but I love ass sa sin creed prince of persia I love action action action but clive bakers jericho has guns like shadowrun I like it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol