Hacking Games that won't dump?

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any known games out there that simply don't work with the dump payload? I've been trying to dump my copy of Jedi Fallen Order but it simply says "waiting for game to copy".

I've cleaned the disc, deleted the data / restarted, and tried letting it go for 12 hours. Each time it says "waiting for game to copy" at 85%. Now I thought my disc might be bad however I found that user nsfdheo over at psxhax was having the same exact issue also stuck at 85%! They were asking if EA games in general have issues dumping. The coincidence both of our discs would be bad at 85% seems too slim so I wanted to ask, are there some games that simply don't work with the payload?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afaik any game (1.xx-7.02) that can be run on a KEX firmware (4.05-7.02) can be dumped one way or another. Ftp with decryption from sandbox or dumper payloads.

85% seems sus. Is it a dual layer disc?

Edit: checking the box art it’s a 55gb install, so assuming it’s everything installed and disc just used for verification, I guess its either a triple layer 100GB disc, or most likely: compressed data on disc.

Standard disc size, single layer 25.0GB
Standard disc size, dual layer 50.1GB
Standard disc size, XL 3 layer 100.1GB
Standard disc size, XL 4 layer 128.0GB

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as the game is bootable, it should be dumpable. I've never encountered a game otherwise. I have had it to where it would say the same percentage a couple of times in the notification area, but my games have always dumped and worked. do as @KiiWii suggested if it won't dump with app dumper. the game is in the sandbox folder iirc. ftp is the method to dump dlc and themes, and it used to be the original way to dump games back on 1.76, but I think you can still use it. make sure to use an ethernet cable or it could take a long time.

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik any game (1.xx-7.02) that can be run on a KEX firmware (4.05-7.02) can be dumped one way or another. Ftp with decryption from sandbox or dumper payloads.

85% seems sus. Is it a dual layer disc?

Edit: checking the box art it’s a 55gb install, so assuming it’s everything installed and disc just used for verification, I guess its either a triple layer 100GB disc, or most likely: compressed data on disc.

The size of what did install says 47GB when I check, so I would assume dual layer. It was just odd another user on PSXHAX had the same issue at the exact same spot.

Someone else on PSXHAX said to msg them on Discord for the "trick" to get it working. I'll do so later and see what they say. If it fixes anything I'll report back.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't think I had any dual layer games (legit-wise), but I do have some that I downloaded with the largest either being red dead redemption 2 or final fantasy vii remake, both of which are over 80GBs;

upload_2021-1-8_9-32-1.png

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
maybe no the correct thread but... is it possible to catch a game stored in external storage from a non modified console, and take advantage of it with our modded one or, our pc, for our modded console ?
the objetive is Planet Alpha.....

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might be able to, but I don't know how exactly. the usb portion of ftp doesn't work. and, the internal hdd whether it be a retail or psn game goes in the sandbox directly. you might try booting a game to see if it will appear in the sandbox directory. I don't know if that's where they go if they're on the external hdd, because as I said, the external locations don't work with ftp (not sure about the dumper though).

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to report back that the user TheKillingJoke13 from PSXHAX was able to help me get the game dumped. For those finding this thread a year from now the trick is as follows:
  • Start the game.
  • Run the FTP payload and look fl the following directory /system_data/playgo/CUSAXXXX/bdcopy.pbm
  • Rename bdcopy.pbm to bdcopy.pbm.bak and then run the dumper and it should dump.
  • If you close out the game before doing so and start it up again it will make the file again.
That's it, after renaming that one file the dumper payload worked just fine and didn't hang on "waiting for game to copy".

Perhaps unrelated but when installing the package I created I did get a np-32046-5 error which has to do with encrypted trophies. I solved this by following Jayinem81's steps also from PSXHAX.
  • Install disc to internal
  • You will need to use FTP on the exploit page, leave it open
  • Open Filezilla put in your PS4s IP, and port is 1337
  • Go to /user/trophy/conf/ the trophies look like NPWR with some numbers, they wont match your dumps CUSA. What I did was google the folder names and found the appropriate file.
  • You should see TROPHY.TRP in all caps, rename to trophy00.trp and in your dump copy it to CUSAxxxxx-app/sce_sys/trophy/ and overwrite the trophy00.trp that's already there
  • Convert your dump to PKG again, making sure you get a new .gp4 then convert .gp4 with Fake PKG Generator
  • You should now be able to install the PKG successfully
Thanks everyone!

vwk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any known games out there that simply don't work with the dump payload? I've been trying to dump my copy of Jedi Fallen Order but it simply says "waiting for game to copy".

I've cleaned the disc, deleted the data / restarted, and tried letting it go for 12 hours. Each time it says "waiting for game to copy" at 85%. Now I thought my disc might be bad however I found that user nsfdheo over at psxhax was having the same exact issue also stuck at 85%! They were asking if EA games in general have issues dumping. The coincidence both of our discs would be bad at 85% seems too slim so I wanted to ask, are there some games that simply don't work with the payload?

Let me solve this one for you, some games have additional language files that need to install themselves to the hdd.

So here is what you need to do.

Once the game has finish dumping, change the system language and then start the game

Its best to have the update prompt, as this prevents the game from starting every time with each system language and then you have to close app.

If you have the update prompt, then when you go to start the game under a different system language you will get caught by the update prompt

Simply cancel and back out to the main menu and repeat with every system language until you come across one that needs to install its files.

Usually, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Russian are the main ones but go through every language as some games utilize others. Once you do this the game should start to copy.

Hope this help the majority of people on here.

On a side note I will personally try the rename bdcopy method for Ghost of Tsushima

This game actually begins to copy but never finishes ripping, any advice on this end would be appreciated.

Reactions: protivakid

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me solve this one for you, some games have additional language files that need to install themselves to the hdd.

Once the game has finish dumping, change the system language and then start the game

Its best to have the update prompt, as this prevents the game from starting every time with each system language and then you have to close app.

If you have the update prompt, then when you go to start the game under a different system language you will get caught by the update prompt

Simply cancel and back out to the main menu and repeat with every system language until you come across one that needs to install its files.

Usually, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Russian are the main ones but go through every language as some games utilize others. Once you do this the game should start to copy.

On a side note I will personally try the rename bdcopy method for Ghost of Tsushima

This game actually begins to copy but never finishes ripping, any advice on this end would be appreciated.

Thanks! I was able to get it to dump by renaming bdcopy.pbm but next time I'll try this!

Reactions: godreborn

Nascar_Dog

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to report back that the user TheKillingJoke13 from PSXHAX was able to help me get the game dumped. For those finding this thread a year from now the trick is as follows:
  • Start the game.
  • Run the FTP payload and look fl the following directory /system_data/playgo/CUSAXXXX/bdcopy.pbm
  • Rename bdcopy.pbm to bdcopy.pbm.bak and then run the dumper and it should dump.
  • If you close out the game before doing so and start it up again it will make the file again.
That's it, after renaming that one file the dumper payload worked just fine and didn't hang on "waiting for game to copy".

Perhaps unrelated but when installing the package I created I did get a np-32046-5 error which has to do with encrypted trophies. I solved this by following Jayinem81's steps also from PSXHAX.
  • Install disc to internal
  • You will need to use FTP on the exploit page, leave it open
  • Open Filezilla put in your PS4s IP, and port is 1337
  • Go to /user/trophy/conf/ the trophies look like NPWR with some numbers, they wont match your dumps CUSA. What I did was google the folder names and found the appropriate file.
  • You should see TROPHY.TRP in all caps, rename to trophy00.trp and in your dump copy it to CUSAxxxxx-app/sce_sys/trophy/ and overwrite the trophy00.trp that's already there
  • Convert your dump to PKG again, making sure you get a new .gp4 then convert .gp4 with Fake PKG Generator
  • You should now be able to install the PKG successfully
Thanks everyone!
Thanks for this info. It fixed the problem with Shadow of the Tomb Raider - CUSA10938. It was stuck saying Waiting for the application to copy 72%

Reactions: protivakid

temp-user1195

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please let me know if it worked for Ghost of Tsushima. I've been trying that method but the patch folder is empty.

temp-user1195

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're using app dumper, the patch folder will be created and be empty if there's no patch on the system.
I installed patch 2.13 (latest that works with 9.00) from Orbis Patcher and its around 40GB, the update from PSN is only around 20GB. Could it be an update that repackages with the base game and treat both the game and update as the base game?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will do that through the config file. the default option is separate. if you don't use the config file, I'm not sure what it will do. I think it will still dump. open the config file on the device you're dumping to and see what it's set at. it will tell what each of the four numbers mean, 0-3 iirc.

temp-user1195

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will do that through the config file. the default option is separate. if you don't use the config file, I'm not sure what it will do. I think it will still dump. open the config file on the device you're dumping to and see what it's set at. it will tell what each of the four numbers mean, 0-3 iirc.
I'm currently using Modded Warfare's latest guide on how to back up games. It's worked on all games I've tried except this one. Looking through filezilla, it seems that the cache/bitmaps directory is the only thing that's actively dumping. After about 2 hours, even that stopped and it seems like nothing else is being copied to the HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.