Games similar to Top Gear (SNES)?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Vague Rant, Aug 12, 2008.

Aug 12, 2008
  1. Vague Rant
    OP

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    OK, so I've been desperate to play the original Top Gear portably for approximately forever, but since all I have is a DS, and it doesn't work very well in SNEmulDS, I'm kind of stuck. I've heard that the Lotus series is similar, but I tried Lotus III (known as Lotus II: RECS on Genesis) in jEnesisDS and there's graphical problems which make it unplayable. Lotus II (just Lotus on Genesis) is an arcade-style checkpoint racer, which is blah anyway. Huh, I just noticed that Top Gear 2 got a Genesis release as well. I'll try it, but I never really liked that game anyway, the first seemed so much more fun. Does anyone have any other suggestions for racers that are similar to Top Gear?

2. Jasonage

Member Jasonage GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You could just buy a SNES for around $30-40

3. pitoui

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I know you probably don't want me to say this but... maybe you should buy a psp. That's what I did. It plays snes near perfect and it also plays many other emulators.

4. Vague Rant
    OP

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Yeah, and you could learn to read, but let's both be reasonable.

As for the PSP, I really don't have the cash to spare right now, and I think if I was going to get a system just for emulation, I'd probably go with something like the GPX3. Then again, can they do PSX emulation?

5. TossGirl

Newcomer TossGirl Advanced Member

United States
    I think a PSP is better for emulation it can run almost all emulators and it can run PSX emulation perfectly. For Top Gear it runs almost perfectly only a little bit slow down.

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    *looks into the snesadvance.dat file*
    Doesn't appear to be an entry for Top Gear. I'll add it to my to-do list for SNES speedhacks.