Games poll

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by R2DJ, Jun 25, 2010.

?

Finished games that you bought yourself?

1. Keep

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sell/Trade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Give away/Let someone borrow it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 25, 2010

Games poll by R2DJ at 1:37 PM (1,610 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I made this poll to see what you Tempers do to maintain your gaming library.

2. CamulaHikari

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    It's quite hard to answer. Most games I bought myself are still lying in my room except for those that you just play once and then never again. Most games I got as a gift were those kind of games or not really my type of game so I sold or traded them eventually although I did get a few good ones (FFIV and TWEWY come to mind). Games with extra content will never be sold. Most of them I can pick up whenever I want~! [​IMG] So it's a bit mixed xD

3. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    i keep them. nuff said

4. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    I should really keep all my games. i re-bought both GTA: SA and okami after trading them in lol but those are the only 2 games iv regretted trading in. i recently traded in dead rising and TvC and managed to get mario galaxy 2 pretty like 1/3 of the price for wii and to me that was more than a bargin!

5. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I always keep them. I just know I would want to mess about with them again in the future.

6. johncenafan427

Member johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it really depends on the game for me.

if its a game with only 1 adventure, like new super mario bros. wii, i'll beat it, then sell it.

if its a game where you can keep playing after you beat it, like guitar hero, i'll keep it.

7. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Sorry can't vote your poll as it doesn't fit what I do.

Whether I buy used or new, or get as a gift I don't give games away. I will either keep or sell/trade them and it entirely is based on how I feel about the game during and after. If I like it entirely it's a keeper, if I like it kinda I'll pick away at it over time or just figure I won't bother and dump it, and if I do pick at it I may or may not keep but it'll be over a good period of time. If I do like it, but not love it, and it's something that's more slow and takes say over 10-20hours depending what genre it is I probably won't keep it unless I truly see myself ever caring for a second time around.

I only keep what I know I really love and very likely will take another shot at again as I got so many games I don't see a reason to keep shit lying around someone else may enjoy more and it gets me a game in trade or cash against a new one.

8. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    I don't buy transitory games, ever.

Panzer Tactics, endless replay value.

Commander Europe at War, endless relay value.

etc etc etc.

I don't mind downloading schlock I might play once, but I only BUY games worth keeping.

9. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    i keep all of my games but i only buy games i actually want i have to be almost 100% sure of a game before i get it.

10. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I generally keep my games.

The only good (reputable) source where I can sell my games around here is EB Games, and when I wanted to trade in 5 Wii games and a 360 game (Wii Music, Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Okami, and Sonic 360), they only offered me 7 dollars.

Holy shit, that's a ripoff.

11. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I keep everything. And from time to time I play everything again when I feel like it. I'd never ever sell my games.

I'm kinda like this guy:
    [​IMG]

12. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I keep everything, but I'll let people borrow them if they want to.

13. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I keep all of them [​IMG]

14. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    they should have offered you a lot more since EB Games/Gamestop are the same company in the US they offer 25$ for SMG

15. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I pretty much keep all of mine too.

16. SixtySixHundred

Member SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I keep all mine. Usually, when I obtain a game, I make a backup of it and play that if I can, then I get to keep all my original games in decent working order, biding my time before I ebay the rare classic titles I own. [​IMG]

Someone told me a few months back that it wasn't piracy ripping the biggest chunk out of the gaming industry's profits, it's game re-sale. I don't know how true it was, but it makes sense.

17. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I used to keep mine but a few I tired of, and a lot due to job hardship (shit pay and 2 jobs, etc) when I was out of state for 7 years sadly I had to part with a ton of games, accessories and hardware which still saddens me yet at this rate most I can't justify re-acquiring at all. I'll say this, if I still had my Gamegear, SMS, Genesis, Nomad, Saturn, Dreamcast, Turbo Duo, NGP Color, PS1, PS2, Virtual Boy to name most, let alone all their games and junk, plus for the systems I still did keep all the games and accessories I did part with holy shit I'd probably have like 1500 things lying around literally if not more.

What still remains is small but still plentiful. http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html

18. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I rarely buy Wii games and don't buy DS games any more. The only games I really buy are 360 games or PS2 games.

If I buy a game, I keep it. Usually if it's a game I want to play but know it's not worth the purchase, I'll borrow it from a friend (if it's a 360 game). PS2 games are so cheap nowadays I can buy one that's low in replay value for a couple of bucks. I just pirate the rest (unless it's a Wii game I actually care about severely, which nowadays is only No More Heroes).

19. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    I keep all my games, unless I got no enjoyment out of them at all, for example Arkham Asylum just didn't do anything for me, so I sold it.

20. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

I usually keep my games. However, if there's one I just don't understand I will sell it.

I also sold most of my DS games (held onto a couple like Pokemon Diamond because of my retail SAV) when I bought an Acekard2i.

The one time I really made a bunch of moolah was when I sold my brother's old Sega Genesis because I really had no use for it, and he abandoned the thing a long time ago. He didn't care, and all those useless NHL '94 games were taking up space xD I also sold my old brick PSX (not the sleek, compact PSone) to the same place and made about 115 dollars. I invested in three Play Arts figurines of my favorite Final Fantasy characters. To be exact, the Advent Children Yuffie, Kingdom Hearts Cloud Strife, Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth to add to may collection of Squall Leonhart and my sexy Persona 3 Kirijo Mitsuru statue. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/Kre.../Mitsuru001.jpg Yes, that is the Gekkoukan High school logo on the base [​IMG] (Might I add, I got her mint condition for 50 bucks, when she goes for 100 and up usually from being out of print.)