Hacking Games freezing...

McPhizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a 40gb laptop HDD used with my Wii for the longest time and never had a problem in years. I then switched to a 1tb desktop drive and every game except one freezes. I tried looking for an answer and my drive isn't listed on any compatibility lists. My question is this... is it the hard drive or the enclosure causing the problem? I have 2 other 1tb drives and a spare 320gb as well. I just don't want to go through all this trouble of switching them and formatting and all that if none of the drives will work because of the enclosure.

Thanks in advance for any help

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
use a hermes cios (222,223,224 slots) or cIOSX [56],[57] rev 21 d2x v3 in slots 249,250
you can install them with modmii

McPhizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
use a hermes cios (222,223,224 slots) or cIOSX [56],[57] rev 21 d2x v3 in slots 249,250
you can install them with modmii
I have Hermes already, I'll give the d2x versions a shot, but for now NeoGamma loads the drive but the games freeze after a few minutes. USBLoader GX will freeze on loading the games, and WiiFlow won't detect the drive at all.

Edit: Holy poop it worked. 249 d2x was the key. Thanks a lot! I haven't tested any other loaders, but on NeoGamma after playing 2 separate games for about 30 mins each, I can confirm there is no freezing. On one of the games I couldn't play for more than 2 minutes without it freezing, so i'm confident that the problem is fixed.

Thanks again
biggrin.gif

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say when you say the game was freezing! Is it After it loads or while it's loading. I just did something similar now , and 2 of my games won't load. It seems it they make my Wii lock up, and blue disc light comes on. I went from a 250 to 1 Bit drive.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's the problem both Black Ops and Monster Hunter need a certain iso to load. So I'm loading off the according file. What I don't understand is if I put the 250 drive in they play no problem. If I try to play them off the 1T bit drive. The never load and freeze at the CFG loading screen.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of right now Black Ops, Monster Hunter Tri, and New Super Mario Bros Wii. All seem to not want to load from CFG. As long as the are on a 1TgHD. I partition the drive and have 2 halves with about 450gigs on each side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol