Games freezing...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by McPhizzle, Mar 6, 2011.

Mar 6, 2011

Games freezing... by McPhizzle at 2:06 PM (694 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. McPhizzle
    OP

Newcomer McPhizzle Newbie

United States
    I had a 40gb laptop HDD used with my Wii for the longest time and never had a problem in years. I then switched to a 1tb desktop drive and every game except one freezes. I tried looking for an answer and my drive isn't listed on any compatibility lists. My question is this... is it the hard drive or the enclosure causing the problem? I have 2 other 1tb drives and a spare 320gb as well. I just don't want to go through all this trouble of switching them and formatting and all that if none of the drives will work because of the enclosure.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    use a hermes cios (222,223,224 slots) or cIOSX [56],[57] rev 21 d2x v3 in slots 249,250
    you can install them with modmii

3. McPhizzle
    OP

Newcomer McPhizzle Newbie

United States
    I have Hermes already, I'll give the d2x versions a shot, but for now NeoGamma loads the drive but the games freeze after a few minutes. USBLoader GX will freeze on loading the games, and WiiFlow won't detect the drive at all.

Edit: Holy poop it worked. 249 d2x was the key. Thanks a lot! I haven't tested any other loaders, but on NeoGamma after playing 2 separate games for about 30 mins each, I can confirm there is no freezing. On one of the games I couldn't play for more than 2 minutes without it freezing, so i'm confident that the problem is fixed.

Thanks again [​IMG]

4. TheWon

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Say when you say the game was freezing! Is it After it loads or while it's loading. I just did something similar now , and 2 of my games won't load. It seems it they make my Wii lock up, and blue disc light comes on. I went from a 250 to 1 Bit drive.

5. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    try changing the IOS your games are loading on.

6. TheWon

United States
    Well that's the problem both Black Ops and Monster Hunter need a certain iso to load. So I'm loading off the according file. What I don't understand is if I put the 250 drive in they play no problem. If I try to play them off the 1T bit drive. The never load and freeze at the CFG loading screen.

7. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    are they the only games that give you trouble?

8. TheWon

United States
    As of right now Black Ops, Monster Hunter Tri, and New Super Mario Bros Wii. All seem to not want to load from CFG. As long as the are on a 1TgHD. I partition the drive and have 2 halves with about 450gigs on each side.