GamePadToPC Released, Control your PC with a Wii U Gamepad

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is just using it as a controller right? meaning the screen doesn't really mean much for this (i.e. show desktop on wiiu pad)

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, but he's working on it.

Just finished testing the new mouse features in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I must say, it is extremely responsive and I could definitely see myself using this as a control option. I should have a release ready either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I'll have a video up soon (in the release thread) :)

Reactions: SLiV3R and Devin

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished testing the new mouse features in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I must say, it is extremely responsive and I could definitely see myself using this as a control option. I should have a release ready either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I'll have a video up soon (in the release thread) :)

Sounds better, and better every time you post. Any comment on the video stream from the PC? If you've gotten that far any extremely noticeable lag?

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds better, and better every time you post. Any comment on the video stream from the PC? If you've gotten that far any extremely noticeable lag?

There are actually two experiments I've performed with that. One is slightly more promising than the other, but nothing to report just yet ;) You'll all have to wait a bit longer for that.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are actually two experiments I've performed with that. One is slightly more promising than the other, but nothing to report just yet ;) You'll all have to wait a bit longer for that.

Is GamePadToPC a solid name, or just place holder. GamePad2PC, or something? GP2PC has a nice ring. :D

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Not yet, but he's working on it.

I Have been trying very hard to follow this project since I first found out about it, and I am extremely interested in it. I would buy a wiiU just for the use of it's controller if I could stream video and control my pc with it in the way it does with the wiiU console. To be able to play my steam games on the wiiU controller in a different location of the house would be an answer to a bunch problems I've had for many many years.
Why I am so interested in this project(optional reading):
I run a 100" HD Projector for my pc monitor, and it's great, but it takes away from being casual about gaming, projectors arn't meant to be turned off constantly, once you turn it on, use it for a time, then turn it off, or you will kill your expensive bulb fast. Also since it's in my tiny bedroom, it isolates me from the rest of the house. It would be refreshing to be able to flip on the wiiU controller, play some games some where else in the house with no restrictions. I have a laptop, but it's no power-plant for games nor do i find any kind of laptop very practical for gaming on a sofa, they get hot, they arnt overly comfortable, and usually need extra controllers/mice/etc and a table to be able to game very well. I perfer a mouse for FPS type games, so I wouldn't be using a wiiU controller much for that, but for countless other games it would be a blast!

This is the only update I could find: and almost no one (according to google) know's about it.
Is there any where I could follow the project or can we get an update here as to what's been going on?
Is there anything I can do to support further progress?

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your continued interest in my project. The screencasting functionality is experimental at this point and has not been released publicly. In my own testing, I've gotten it down to a fairly usable delay, but it's still outside of the realm of possibility for using it in gaming. There are others working on directly accessing the Wii U Gamepad through reverse-engineering its custom Wi-Fi protocol. If you're looking for the best possible option, that would be the way to go. My solution is simply a working way of streaming to the Gamepad at this moment in time. I will release it when it is slightly quicker and ready for public testing :) If you're interested in the project, follow me on YouTube. I will post new videos when I make updates to this particular project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-