GamePadToPC Released, Control your PC with a Wii U Gamepad

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

User vashgs has released his new program called GamePadToPc which allows the user to take control of their PC with the Wii U gamepad by taking advantage of the Wii U's web browser. Currently you may only map buttons to keyboard keys, but in future update vashgs has mentioned adding support for mouse control using the Wii U gamepad's analog sticks, as well as streaming the PC's screen to the gamepad, and much more.

:download: GamePadToPC Download
:arrow: GamePadToPC Release Thread w/ Tutorial

Reactions: SLiV3R

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very very promising. who needs VC to play on the screen when you can conceivably play any emulator you have on you PC on the gamepad.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, now I can play my psp games I'm streaming to my computer on my Wii U pad!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
pretty smart idea

so your computer is the page hoster and the WiiU Pad just visits the page on the local lan
then all the buttons become mapped to what the page was set to on the PC

the WiiUpad screen only show button information it is sending to the PC

looks like this still has some development prospects too

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So do you have to have a Wii U to make use of this? Or can the controllers browse websites without a WiiU being present? I'm thinking this could make the worlds sweetest XBMC remote...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A neat concept, but it's a far cry from actually connecting the GamePad to the PC by Bluetooth right now.

The GamePad, communicates to the WiiU, which communicates with localhost on the PC, it works but it's not the most desirable thing.

Reactions: gumgod

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
My son said, does that mean I can play minecraft on the wiiu pad? I said well I dunno son I'll ask. So is that a distinct possibility if we can broadcast the pc screen too?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My son said, does that mean I can play minecraft on the wiiu pad? I said well I dunno son I'll ask. So is that a distinct possibility if we can broadcast the pc screen too?

Remote desktop options that are not hooked into RDP have interesting problems when it comes to proper 3d (and I hate to think how that plays out on a web browser for an embedded system) but minecraft just sits in the standard 2d options for the most part (it has been a few months since I saw it run though and java is an odd thing).
To that end it may lag a bit but that is nothing terribly unusual for minecraft and you might not do so well in a proper fight but straight building and mining should be fine.

Naturally it would probably take a portion of your PC up at the time but if you want to get creative I believe minecraft in a virtual machine is quite doable so you could stick minecraft in a VM and stick the remote software on that VM. Minimise the VM and the wii u pad will know no different.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
A neat concept, but it's a far cry from actually connecting the GamePad to the PC by Bluetooth right now.

The GamePad, communicates to the WiiU, which communicates with localhost on the PC, it works but it's not the most desirable thing.
The Wii U uses a custom wi-fi protocol not bluetooth.

Reactions: vashgs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/