Hacking gamelist.bin Sims 3D

Stardotstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I received my 1st Sky3DS+ card a couple of weeks ago, just before the firmware update (v110) became available. At this time the gamelist.bin file had to be present alongside the games on the root of the SD card, although since the update this is no longer needed (???).

After updating to v110 I left the gamelist.bin in place on the SD without problems and all games ran perfectly.

I received 2 more Sky3DS+ cards today for my wife & daughter and I updated the FW straight away and did NOT copy my original gamelist.bin to the SD. Initially several games were reluctant to run, I had to turn the DS off and on again which generally worked - except in the case of The Sims 3D which was just not recognised. The only difference was the gamelist.bin, I copied my original to the SD card - and VOILA recognised straight away!

I don't pretend to understand the technicalities of this at all but there may well be other games with the same situation as The Sims 3D - so all I'm saying is copy (or leave in place) the "redundant" gamelist.bin to the SD before ripping out your hair in frustration.

Last edited by Stardotstar,

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
I found with mine setting the sector size to 64 helped running some games. If you put in a game that won;t load, check your SD card, you might find the CFG file or SAV file are 0kb in size. This means an error has occurred.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...