Gaming GameCube VC

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I REALLY hope this system gets it, but I'm very likely assuming it will use a real framebuffer and render games in 480p. The Tegra X1 can run GC games just fine and that's community built. An official R&D project from Nintendo would probably fare better, especially the Switch is speculated to use an even better chip (Officially a custom one at that)

Reactions: nmkd

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Assuming it's a thing for the switch through software emulation.

Will it be possible for Nintendo to render those games in HD?
We have pretty much no idea what the specs are other than the SoC will be using Pascal architecture.\

edit: so no one can do too much more than make an educated guess

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can't remember what the actual name for them are but the reason the Wii U doesn't have GCN emulation is because of the L and R having that sensitivity feature used notably in Mario Sunshine where you can control how strong Fludd is depending on how far you push it down.

My point is, if the Switch doesn't have that there will be no VC because Nintendo doesn't like 'work-arounds' regardless of how simple they may be.

Last edited by Kourin,

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't remember what the actual name for them are but the reason the Wii U doesn't have GCN emulation is because of the L and R having that sensitivity feature used notably in Mario Sunshine where you can control how strong Fludd is depending on how far you push it down.

My point is, if the Switch doesn't have that there will be no VC because Nintendo doesn't like 'work-arounds' regardless of how simple they may be.
You can emulate GCN on the Wii U with a little trick.

//Sent from my glorious OnePlus X

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
For me, GameCube VC is a must-have. I want an inclusion of several configurations such as controller mapping, screen size and smoothing, savestates, etc.

Another part of my wish-list is the pricing, which I think should be $9.99/$10.49.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always wonder how they would deal with the shoulder trigger controls. A massive example is Mario Sunshine. Press lightly and Mario can run and use the water cannon. Press all the way down and it'll click and Mario will stand in place and use the water cannon. Another is Luigi's Mansion where the strength of the vacuum cleaner is determined by how hard you press the shoulder button. Unless they seriously want to repackage the Gamecube controller and the adapter again.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we get official GC support, I don't think it will be right away. I think we will have to wait a few years before nintendo starts pulling out the stops to get us retro content.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

The point wasn't that it can be done, the point was that Nintendo won't do it because unless the controller has the sensitive L and R button, they have to do some kind of work-around. Which Nintendo never does.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think they will make them HD. I think it will be pure and simple emulation of gamecube.
However, i dont exclude the possibility of porting gamecube game like mario sunshine in HD for switch

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The thing is, the Wii U is still still using the same PowerPC as the Wii/CG. Which is why it's easy to emulate the GC on the Wii U.
The Switch is no longer going to be using PowerPC, so emulation is going to be a lot harder on the Switch. I am not saying impossible, but it's definitely not going to happen at launch.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The thing is, the Wii U is still still using the same PowerPC as the Wii/CG. Which is why it's easy to emulate the GC on the Wii U.
The Switch is no longer going to be using PowerPC, so emulation is going to be a lot harder on the Switch. I am not saying impossible, but it's definitely not going to happen at launch.
Yes.
Performance-wise it's possible (especially with an official VC), and even a homebrew emulator could work. Tegra X1 plays most GC games at a decent speed, for example Metroid Prime @40fps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: