Status
Not open for further replies.

B451CW11M0DD3R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering if you could play gamecube games at a decent fps on the New 3ds because i asked the same except for 2ds

asiekierka

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes! Yes, of course! All you need to do is give a willing 3DS porter a legal copy of the game's original source code and it can be ported!

...Generally, no. Dolphin (the state of the art GameCube emulator) requires performance that far exceeds the capabilities of the 3DS or the New 3DS. You'd need something like the Nintendo Switch to run GameCube games in emulation at the very least.

Reactions: SLiV3R

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I don't think there are any GC emulators available for the 3DS. (Probably won't ever happen either)
Secondly it's no where near powerful enough to run it at a tolerable performance.

D

Deleted-351540

GameCube compatibility is the only reason I still have my Wii. Nintendont+USB Loader GX is flippin awesome. I just wish I could find a reliable way to play N64 games that doesn't include a super powerful computer or a $130+ Everdrive cart with original hardware. :(

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even the Vita cannot emulate the GameCube. An Nvidia Shield TV still lags on most Wii games? And you are asking for a GC emu on a... 3DS? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You got me! Even if the 3DS had the required tools and 3D engine, it would run at 0.01 fps great maximum.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the n3ds can't even handle n64, and as for ocarina of time 3d, that was made to run on 3ds, it's not as hard on the system as emulation

Reactions: VictorMoreno015

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! Yes, of course! All you need to do is give a willing 3DS porter a legal copy of the game's original source code and it can be ported!

...Generally, no. Dolphin (the state of the art GameCube emulator) requires performance that far exceeds the capabilities of the 3DS or the New 3DS. You'd need something like the Nintendo Switch to run GameCube games in emulation at the very least.
Finally! Someone understands us porters! I am working on a Super Mario Sunshine port to 3DS because I miss playing that game. I will have a thread posted in a couple months once development is at a *presentable* state.

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally! Someone understands us porters! I am working on a Super Mario Sunshine port to 3DS because I miss playing that game. I will have a thread posted in a couple months once development is at a *presentable* state.

some more info required or i will report for fake!! (i really need this tho..)

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is there a basic rendering of delphino plaza going yet, probably not but I'm curious, I think I saw you talking about it when you first were starting in the comments of another thread
also, props for however good it looks or for the fact of it it even runs, seems amazing, isn't the gamecube more powerful then the 3ds?

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some more info required or i will report for fake!! (i really need this tho..)
What kind of info would you like? I will answer any question asked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so is there a basic rendering of delphino plaza going yet, probably not but I'm curious, I think I saw you talking about it when you first were starting in the comments of another thread
also, props for however good it looks or for the fact of it it even runs, seems amazing, isn't the gamecube more powerful then the 3ds?
I am having Delfino Plaza remodeled so it can be rendered by the 3DS currently. When the model is finished, I will post screenshots (Not on the 3DS but, in SketchUp). And I do believe that the GameCube is more powerful than the 3DS but, not by much.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I emulate a PS3 on a hacked PS Vita?
Thats how your question sounds like. The 3DS doesn't have enough horsepower to emulate GameCube games. It is indeed able to have the horsepower to RUN them but that requires to port them into a 3DS game. Not even SNES emulation has been perfected to run on o3DS consoles. Just don't bother dude

Reactions: TimX24968B
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass