Hacking Gamecube mode progress?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there being any progress made on getting the Wii to not shut down everything when it boots into gamecube mode? Is it not possible to allow the wii to use USB to load ISO's and extra things so we could use a Wii controller instead of gamecube remote? I was looking up stuff and they seemed to have made progress but this was like a year or 2 ago. Shouldn't there be some major stuff released by now?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Is there being any progress made on getting the Wii to not shut down everything when it boots into gamecube mode? Is it not possible to allow the wii to use USB to load ISO's and extra things so we could use a Wii controller instead of gamecube remote? I was looking up stuff and they seemed to have made progress but this was like a year or 2 ago. Shouldn't there be some major stuff released by now?
GameCube games run using MIOS, it's impossible to use the Wii's hardware.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
cMIOS that supports USB port maybe?
Nopes.

MIOS isn't the only factor in this either. When you enter GCN mode BC (which behaves somewhat like boot2) launches and underclocks the CPU, shuts off the non-GCN peripherals, etc. I'd imagine if anyone had any success in modifying it without screwing anything up.

And it just occurred to me that "BC" probably means "Backwards Compatibility" or something. Whee.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fudgenuts64 said:
GameCube games run using MIOS, it's impossible to use the Wii's hardware.

Nothing is impossible. I've read of a conversation, where it was stated, that it's possible, but a bitch to code...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==