1. TheTechGenius

OP TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

United States
    I just used Wii U USB Helper to create an inject for Resident Evil 2 (Gamecube), I installed the game as normal using WUP Installer, and it boots up just fine. I am able to play the game just fine using the Gamepad too, everything is working as it should.

I just wanted to ask, is it possible to load cheats with a Gamecube Inject? I just created a cheat file named "GHAE08.gct". I know the cheat file is correct, it should be anyway. I got the GCT from the GeckoCodes.org WiiRD Database, so the cheat file should be fine.

I put the cheat file like this on my SD Card:

SD:/codes/GHAE08.gct

But since the Resident Evil 2 GC inject is installed on the Nand, im not sure if its even trying to read anything from the SD Card. Im pretty new to the whole Injecting scene.

But is it possible to use a GCT cheat file with a gamecube inject that is installed on the Nand? If so, how do I do it?

I tried looking for Nintendont settings, but the game boots up without any menus or anything, just spash screens.

Messers likes this.
  2. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    nintendont uses a global config file so just boot up nintendont in vwii as normal, enable cheats from there and boot some game in vwii to save the selected settings, afterwards it should be active globally, even for files on nand.

Zense, THYPLEX, Messers and 1 other person like this.
  3. TheTechGenius

United States
    Oh wow, cool! I didn't know it worked like that.

Thank you!

4. RareKirby

RareKirby GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is it possible to edit the edit the gct file? Where is it located on sd card? I have my nintendon't automatically enabling the codes. But I want to edit them. I've made gct files back in wii years but is there a new way to make them?

5. TheTechGenius

United States
    Go to GeckoCodes.org, they let you create your own GCT with thier own codes they have in thier database. You choose the codes you want, and save and download the codes to your PC in GCT format.

RareKirby likes this.
  6. RareKirby

RareKirby GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks i needed this <3

TheTechGenius likes this.
  7. TheTechGenius

United States
    It seems Nintendont doesn't save my settings. I went to vWii, started up Nintendont and turned on Cheats, then started a game. But I cannot control anything once the game is started, because I only have my Gamepad and WiiMote. It won't let me use them. So after the game is started, I had to reboot the console using the power button, and I go back into Nintendont and the cheats setting is off.

I also tried to turn on the cheats setting then exit nintendont without starting the game, and its the same result, doesn't save the settings.

How can I save the settings? Do I NEED a gamecube controller? Its weird how nintendont works in vWii mode.

8. TheTechGenius

United States
    UPDATE: I got the codes working just fine! Thank you @FIX94 !

bonoboy and vbarros22 like this.
  9. vbarros22

vbarros22 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    How??

LarryD and mitch200584 like this.
  10. Alexdc

Alexdc Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    If my gc game was injected to usb external hdd on my wiiu. How do I get codes to work on it? Does TCP Gecko works for GC/Wii VC games? Nintendont cant see my games from the vwii (my guess is it's because it's on my external hdd formatted to the wiiu format). It works through the wiiu menu only. When I injected my game Gc game I selected cheats only first and then tried cheats and cheat path. Both don't seem to work. Anyone can help? Thank you

Where are the codes supposed to be on my sd card for them to work when I boot up the game from the channel of the wiiu?

They are in the sdroot/codes/gameid

Last edited by Alexdc, Jul 24, 2019
  11. bonoboy

bonoboy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi fella, would you mind showing me how you managed to use cheats with gamecube and wii injects?

12. SpicyMcHagis

SpicyMcHagis Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    have any luck? I am searching for answers as well

13. bonoboy

bonoboy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Indeed, seems that some cheats may not work. After some testings, I was able to apply cheats at Metroid Prime (USA). The path is /codes/gameID.gct

14. Machismo

Machismo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for all this info. It's really helping me figure everything out personally.

Last edited by Machismo, Dec 23, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Gamecube, Inject, Cheats