GameCube gcm file hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Monkey01, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008

GameCube gcm file hacking by Monkey01 at 9:06 PM (7,820 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Monkey01
    OP

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Hey,

For the Wii you have the trucha apps to easily change files in your Wii iso, but how can I do the same for a Gamecube iso?
    I already found gcmtool 0.1 with which I can extract the files, but to input files I need a newer version, but I can't find an .exe of that and have no idea how to compile it myself on windows ( https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=118745 ). Does somebody know how to compile it or another program that can edit gamecube iso files?

Also in the extracted files there are .dsp files which are music files you can play with a winamp plugin, but is it also possible to convert .wav or .mp3 files to .dsp files so you edit the music in the game?

Thanks,
    Monkey01

2. Treflex

Member Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    google gctool. I think it's hosted here, 0.3 beta I believe. extracts and injects files

Edit: For music:http://www.hcs64.com/in_cube.html
    this can open almost every gamecube sound file, and I believe you can convert into them. *not 100% sure about conversion*

3. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i think you can can use magic ISO to rebuild it just drag everything into it make sure everything in the right place not sure about editing the audio i dont think u can

4. Monkey01
    OP

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    So I'm going to look for that devkit then, thx again. [​IMG]