Gamecube Emulator for Wii and GC USB Loading Thought...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by w!!, Aug 22, 2010.

Aug 22, 2010
  1. w!!
    OP

Member w!! GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm sure people have thought of this, but I didn't see it in a search anywhere...

I'm no expert in emulators and don't know the details other than they generally emulate the hardware and calls in software on other systems, but how likely would it be to write/port an Gamecube emulator to run on the Wii?

I'm thinking if we have access to all the Wii hardware calls, and the Wii hardware has the ability to run and handle GC games and calls, then emulation should be lighter to program than writing it for another system... and it should still have access to all the Wii hardware as it's an emulator and not the Wii in "GC Mode". So USB loading should still work too.

Any thoughts on this? Has it been discussed elsewhere that I missed? (if so, sorry for the new thread) Just a thought of mine about GC USB loading without try to break the Wii/"GC Mode" hardware barrier.

2. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Search a little harder, it has. USB can be done with Wode. Anyway, emulating is more complicated than you know. Please be aware of that wikipedia.org will give you some specs on emulating on certain systems.

Not ripping on you, but you're kinda missing the mark on the subject.

Wynd

3. w!!
    OP

United States
    Thanks... Kinda figured it was discussed... and yeah, i'm no expert by any means when it comes to what's needed for emulation.

I know about the wode... was just thinking about a soft mod solution that didn't need to break out of GC mode.

btw... I hate the search engine on here [​IMG] I searched +gamecube +emulator and it brought up nada.... do you have a link to the other thread(s) on here so I can read them?

4. BinFairy

Newcomer BinFairy Member

United Kingdom
  5. w!!
    OP

United States
    I've seen the DIOS MIOS demo too and wasn't sure if it was a true emulator or some other workaround... Read about it here too (nice explanation): http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396 - but also read elsewhere that it may not be released... and read it's still being worked on... so we'll see [​IMG]

6. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    Of course nothing showed up in the search u ran cause u gotta use '*' not '+' lol

7. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    lmao. also if you find a thread with many many pages and you dont want to search page by page for the post you want, theres a little search bar at the bottom right of the last post that says enter keywords... type what your looking for in there (provided you found the thread it was in.)