GameCube controller in Wii port issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by timothyJ, Aug 3, 2016.

1. timothyJ
    OP

timothyJ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    United States
    Hello I bought a 3rd party GameCube controller by Cirka, I was able to use it for a little bit but then it just stopped working. I plugged it into the second port and it seemed to work fine but it's seems just the first port is the problem, sometimes when I plug it in it just rumbles so that tells me that the port does have some sort of power and it's not just dead. I tried this on another Wii with the same controller and it worked for a little bit then it stopped working again. Can someone tell me if its the controller or the port? That's the ultimate question I believe.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Does another controller work in the port? It could just be that it's a knockoff controller.

3. timothyJ
    OP

timothyJ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I got a new controller today and it's an official one and it works fine! I didn't think a knock off one would be so crappy, considering finding official ones these days are hard to find without ordering online

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice