Hacking Gamecube cheats with NeoGamma R9 wont work

BlueFlacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, this is my first post on this forum.

So........ 5 million years ago I tried to play F-Zero GX [a Gamebcube game] with cheats using NeoGamma [R8 if I'am right].
I tried it in various different ways, but it never worked.
I did every thing i had to do to get it right, but no, the cheates never appied.

Wath i did is:
-got the right codes and exported it as gct with code manager
-inserted the sd in my wii
-ran Neogamma
-checked the ocarina codes
-chose play from DVD [cause iam playing with the origional disc]
-it has shown searching codes -> codes found -> applying

but as soon as i could play, no cheats where loaded of course >_>

so there is a driver in my head, AND ITS TURNING FRIGGEN INSANE CAUSE THIS IIS NOT WORKING
hate2.gif

in other words: iam getting frikken mad because wathever i try, nothing works
glare.gif

how do i get this to work right?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can alwaysy action replay. If its a newer wii I have a solution I can offer for using action replay on retail GC games only. for an older wii use a backup loader and burn a copy of the action replay disc. if it's apllying codes then try changing the hook type you are using and be sure to set a second hook type too. if that dosen't work make sure the codes are for the right version of the game if there are multiple versions. also note that they must be code for the region of the game you are playing. PAL NTSC-U ect.

BlueFlacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hells Guardian said:
Can alwaysy action replay. If its a newer wii I have a solution I can offer for using action replay on retail GC games only. for an older wii use a backup loader and burn a copy of the action replay disc. if it's apllying codes then try changing the hook type you are using and be sure to set a second hook type too. if that dosen't work make sure the codes are for the right version of the game if there are multiple versions. also note that they must be code for the region of the game you are playing. PAL NTSC-U ect.

WAIT, did i just hear a genious idea?

simpely burn a version of GC action reply and load it with a backup launcher?!?
sounds genious........ but GC AR needs a special memorycard :/

also backup launchers never work when i try to install them

i simpely hate wii hacking cause it never works for me.
and my wii is pretty old, i guess its from summer 2007 or something.

i hope YOU can give me a full detail guide how i can this F****ING SH@WT to work, cause iam willing to smash my wii.

thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
Thanks for your reply.
I have used the most recent version i could find.
And for hook type i used the ''VI'' as first and also ''VI'' for the second hook type, is that the porblem?
And also wath DOES the hook type at all?
yea iam sending a pm cause i dont know how to reply [iam new].
laugh.gif
no problem, well VI is the one of the best hooks. Don't enable a second hook for now, it's not needed. The hook will "hook" into the memory, otherwise it would not be possible to use cheats. You should try all different hook types, if no hook works, you should get the original gamecube cheats and convert them using the guide I wrote:
http://gbatemp.net/t287946-is-it-possible-...t&p=3580380
Well to the real action replay disc... You could burn a action replay disc, the easiest would be the newer one because then you don't need a special memory card, and then load it in neogamma. This also should work.

BlueFlacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FIX94 said:
QUOTE said:
Thanks for your reply.
I have used the most recent version i could find.
And for hook type i used the ''VI'' as first and also ''VI'' for the second hook type, is that the porblem?
And also wath DOES the hook type at all?
yea iam sending a pm cause i dont know how to reply [iam new].
laugh.gif
no problem, well VI is the one of the best hooks. Don't enable a second hook for now, it's not needed. The hook will "hook" into the memory, otherwise it would not be possible to use cheats. You should try all different hook types, if no hook works, you should get the original gamecube cheats and convert them using the guide I wrote:
Well to the real action replay disc... You could burn a action replay disc, the easiest would be the newer one because then you don't need a special memory card, and then load it in neogamma. This also should work.

i did some research, and now iam 100% iam using the right code, i decrypted it with gcncrypt, now i must convert it with ARtoWIIRD, but how do i open that program!?
thanks for the help btw

BlueFlacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[/quote]
laugh.gif
[/quote]

never mind, the program runs now

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you daft dude? any standard GC memory card works for the Action replay. This would be easy to figure out if you ever tried. There is very valid reason I give the aqdvice I give. I know what I'm talking about when cheating games yo.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
must have CIOS 249 and a cMIOS to make neogamma work with backups but for retail GC games I think only a cMIOS is required. you do have to use the internal Neogamma MIOS to be able to cheat with it.

BlueFlacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hells Guardian said:
must have CIOS 249 and a cMIOS to make neogamma work with backups but for retail GC games I think only a cMIOS is required. you do have to use the internal Neogamma MIOS to be able to cheat with it.

where do i get that mios? i cant remember installing one of those when using neogamma
and waths a cmios?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cMIOS means custom MIOS. The internal MIOS for negomma caqn be set to be used or not within the settings menu. install a cMIOS that is reccomended with Neogamma. I personally use Wiigators v0.2 cMIOS based on MIOS v4. If you don't know where to get this then just run modmii it should be able to help you.

as for cIOS I'm betting it's already installed. and as I said earlier be sure to set the second hook as while for some games it isn't needed it is needed for games that make use of the reloader. some games wont work with some hooks that others may so when the cheats don't work or a game crashes when using a certain hook try a different hook type.

As I had mentioned earlier it's easier for the average user to just use a backup copy of the Action replay.

BlueFlacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hells Guardian said:
cMIOS means custom MIOS. The internal MIOS for negomma caqn be set to be used or not within the settings menu. install a cMIOS that is reccomended with Neogamma. I personally use Wiigators v0.2 cMIOS based on MIOS v4. If you don't know where to get this then just run modmii it should be able to help you.

as for cIOS I'm betting it's already installed. and as I said earlier be sure to set the second hook as while for some games it isn't needed it is needed for games that make use of the reloader. some games wont work with some hooks that others may so when the cheats don't work or a game crashes when using a certain hook try a different hook type.

As I had mentioned earlier it's easier for the average user to just use a backup copy of the Action replay.

i think using a backup or AR is the best, but ..................cant get the back loader to work ¬_¬

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm is your wii able to play disc backups of wii titles? It may be too new a disc drive in your wii for that option in which case try this thread to learn how to set up an Action replay booter system that works with retail discs on a newer console.

http://board.gscentral.org/showthread.php/...ard%21%21%21%21

You can skip the MIOS patching process as long as the cMIOS is already installed. If you have any questions about it register over at GSC and I'll be happy to help you from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: