Gamecube Backup Launcher - Error, no disc? Please Help :)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by snowyomen, Dec 28, 2010.

1. snowyomen
    OP

snowyomen Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2010
    United States
    Hiya. I installed the Gamecube Backup Launcher today.

- I have a 4.3U softmodded wii, I play Wii backups successfully.
    - Installed Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2 in the following way
    - Homebrew Channel -> MIOS installer (click X, for disc channel compatibility, click A: Patch)
    - Homebrew Channel -> GC Backup Launcher (to launch the app)

- The disc I am using is a multi-game disc I created with the program (GC multi-game disc creator, or something. It's popular [​IMG]
    - All the .ISOs in it were indeed .ISOs (not .GCM), and were shrunk.
    - I set the setting (in the top right of the window) to USA, and DVD5
    - The output was an ISO.

- I burned the multi-game ISO to a disc with IMGBurn on 4x speed (very slow)

- The disc is a DVD-R. Its max size is 4.7gb (single layer, I guess) Manufacturer is Dynex.

I think that's everything I did!

Clearly the games aren't the problem, and I don't think the multi-game ISO is the problem either, because the error says "NO DISC"... but everyone said DVD-R would work... Please post if you have any thoughts!

2. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
  3. snowyomen
    OP

snowyomen Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2010
    United States
    Gee, thanks for the quick reply! I hadn't realized NeoGamma does Gamecube launching.

Now I have another concern.

My Wii is new and black... I don't understand the idea of a backup compatible drive.

I successfully run Wii backups from a USB drive if that makes any difference...

4. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    Yes, you have a black wii with a new drive, so you can`t play from disc, sorry [​IMG] You need to switch your drive with an older one (this is that what I did) or look for a WODE...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice