GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mios version 4 is really only needed for datel disc compatibility. You do need to install a custom mios though. Note: some games may not work right when shrunk.

WiiFSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically you can play pal wii games with wii backup launcher, but you can't play pal GC games with the gamecube backup launcher on a NTSC wii?

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Buzbee said:
I assume your system settings in your Wii is set to english. US consoles have the option of French, Spanish, and English. What language is being displayed? Are you trying a PAL game that is not being displayed as one of those 3?

lol i have a PAL wii, i got more languages on my settings. mines set on english. yeah for some reason if i press b to boot the PAL multi5 game, when its loading, its english, but it doesnt get past the load screen. its called timesplitters:futuro Perfecto(obviously in english, it is future perfect, lol) so yeah i dunno whats really going on

Fabianwashere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know, I still have to burn it. The compatibility matrix says I first have to Multi-iso, and then burn it. But my download only contains 1 Iso...

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
patrickv said:
Buzbee said:
I assume your system settings in your Wii is set to english. US consoles have the option of French, Spanish, and English. What language is being displayed? Are you trying a PAL game that is not being displayed as one of those 3?

lol i have a PAL wii, i got more languages on my settings. mines set on english. yeah for some reason if i press b to boot the PAL multi5 game, when its loading, its english, but it doesnt get past the load screen. its called timesplitters:futuro Perfecto(obviously in english, it is future perfect, lol) so yeah i dunno whats really going on
My system menu is set to Italian and I can boot Time Splitter: Futuro Perfecto ( Future Perfect ) just fine. Maybe it's a bad burn or dump?

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dottor_male said:
patrickv said:
Buzbee said:

My system menu is set to Italian and I can boot Time Splitter: Futuro Perfecto ( Future Perfect ) just fine. Maybe it's a bad burn or dump?

so your saying when you play it its in italian? hmmm...well mines in spanish, and it works perfectly, unless i press b to boot, it doesnt work, but for some reason the game is in english if i use that boot method, so yeah im a bit puzzled, lol. btw its on a multidisc iso, and i forgot if its shrunk, lol, sorry

skyknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read the entire thread yet, so, maybe/probably someone else already figured this out, but, I have this installed with SoftMii/Riiski, and I also have the Wii Backup Loader installed.

When I installed the Gamecube Backup Launcher, I enable the Wii Backup Launcher support.

When I insert the GCOS created disc with Mario Party 4-7 and SSBM I was able to start the disc from the disc channel. Then it went into what I believe was the Gamecube Backup Launcher, selected the game, and started it...worked better than I expected!

Great work WiiGator!

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fabianwashere said:
I don't know, I still have to burn it. The compatibility matrix says I first have to Multi-iso, and then burn it. But my download only contains 1 Iso...

You don't have to burn into multi iso, but why not put 3 or 4 on to save disks!

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that may have been answered at some point, I have looked in each thread I can find, but there are lots of pages.

• I have read that you can put multiple ISOs on one disc, to save space, now, can you cycle through them by pressing Z, or does it have a menu that you can choose from. How does that work? So if I have 3 games on a disc, how do I cycle to the third one, or is this only meant for 2 games to be on a disc. Sorry for sounding like an idiot. I haven't ever played with anything other than the standard GC..

Thanks in advance.

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about Xi? That's the one I have installed. I have only tested Animal Crossing since I basically had that on hand. More "on hand" to come. So where will I be able to scroll left and right? Is this in the gc backup loader menu, or is it somewhere else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi