United States
Yeah, sure.
wink.gif

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi does anyone know if alien hominid works on multi disc and as a shrunk image. cos when i start it, theres just a grean box or something, and it stays there. the other games on the disc work.

oh and also, how come when i try booting timesplitters future perfect by pressing b, it freezes when its loading. i need to use this method to play it because for some reason the game is in english only if i press b or start(the game is multi5), but the game freezes like near the start. lol the game is in spanish if i just boot the game 'normally'. thanks for the help

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol i tried everything in game to change the language, could not find it at all. i tried using the different versions of MIOS as well. i also removed the GC free region starfall hack(didnt know if thatd fix the problem, but was worth a try). thanks for your help btw.

Pou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did anyone try playin a shrunk Tales of Symphonia? Because i downloaded it, and when i shrunk it when creating a multi iso disc, and i was playing it normally, but when i get to the first forest, when i have to enter a human ranch or something, i get a black screen....
So, i wonder if the reason for this black screen is the shrinking...

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this has been asked already, but I looked through quite a few pages here and didn't see anything.

So if I'm understanding this right, multi-disc games like MGS are working properly if:
-You first select disc 2 with Z before starting disc 1.
-You start disc 1 (and disc 2?) with B for patched MIOS

Do you have to select disc 2 with Z every time you play disc 1, or just when you know you're going to have to switch discs? Also do you have to use the patched MIOS every time you play or just when you know you're going to switch discs? Thanks.

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are on seperate discs, you do not have to worry about pressing Z. Just boot with pressing 'b'. Switch discs when prompted just like you would with originals. If you burned both disc1 & disc2 or other games onto the same dvd, then you use Z to select next disc, eject the disc that has disc1 & 2 on it and insert it again. You can use the other methods if you are not changing discs.

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Buzbee said:
If they are on seperate discs, you do not have to worry about pressing Z. Just boot with pressing 'b'. Switch discs when prompted just like you would with originals. If you burned both disc1 & disc2 or other games onto the same dvd, then you use Z to select next disc, eject the disc that has disc1 & 2 on it and insert it again. You can use the other methods if you are not changing discs.
Thanks very much.
biggrin.gif
But do you have to boot with B if you use the "press Z to select the next disc" option?

cyclogenisis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey i have tales of symphonia but i did not shrink it. i haven't began playing it yet pou but i will soon i had to go out and buy a new gamecube memory card. umm ill update you later.

Posts merged

i have tested over 15 gc games to so far and all have worked. would anyone like me to test a game for them? btw does anyone have access to a star fox adventures backup? i lose my cd
ph34r.gif

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so my previous Starfox Adventures was a pal version, that's why I didn't have video, I found an NTSC version now.

the game boot fine and all, but when I start a new game, the screen goes black and it stays like that forever.

anyone got this problem? my game is shrunk..... not sure if it's the problem or not. I tried with waninkoko cmois rev 3 and wiigator mios installer, both do the same thing, except waninkoko gives me an error has occured right after the nintendo logo.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kevenz said:
Okay so my previous Starfox Adventures was a pal version, that's why I didn't have video, I found an NTSC version now.

the game boot fine and all, but when I start a new game, the screen goes black and it stays like that forever.

anyone got this problem? my game is shrunk..... not sure if it's the problem or not. I tried with waninkoko cmois rev 3 and wiigator mios installer, both do the same thing, except waninkoko gives me an error has occured right after the nintendo logo.
Got that error too
Boot it with the launcher, not the disc channel

@Buzbee: my version is shrunk, on multigame disc and has voices

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried it with the Nintendo 59 and 251....not sure about the 1019. You just have to have a way to copy over the 2 block default save file to it.

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool: According to the wiki, other people have same problem with no voices. I looked at the multigame iso creater. I noticed it says "audio streaming games now work". Maybe it applies an audio streaming fix to shrunk iso which is why voices work for you but not me.

"Works with new 0.1 Xi launcher (no voices but everything else appears normal). Freeze when you talk to someone if the game is shrunk."

Have you tried talking to anyone yet?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kevenz said:
tj_cool said:

what mios did you install? and what button did you press at the begining to launch the game?

nvm, I was talking about assault, my bad
(have cMIOS rev 3 of waninkoko btw)

Posts merged

QUOTE(Cxprt @ Feb 28 2009, 07:25 PM)
How do I change the game ID on my save files so they work again?
Change game ID ???
Just follow this guide: [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=136861]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=136861[/url]
If you have waninkokos cMIOS your saves should still work

Cxprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
kevenz said:
tj_cool said:

what mios did you install? and what button did you press at the begining to launch the game?

nvm, I was talking about assault, my bad
(have cMIOS rev 3 of waninkoko btw)

Posts merged

QUOTE(Cxprt @ Feb 28 2009, 07:25 PM)
How do I change the game ID on my save files so they work again?
Change game ID ???
Just follow this guide: [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=136861]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=136861[/url]
If you have waninkokos cMIOS your saves should still work
There anyway I can get it off other than with GCMM I don't have a 3rd party memcard.
I got it off with another tool but I can't seem to get it back on with gamecube saver... it reads teh file and then crashes(like its supposed to) and then I press A and restart... but it never copies the file onto the memcard it only seems to read it. and then crash right after instead of crashing after it copies it.
Edit: In the end I got it to work out my own way.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol