Hacking Gamecube backup help

Jimmydome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiikey2 and homebrew hack of 4.0 firmware, cIOS36rev10, cIOSrev38rev13. All wii backups play fine, but i am having a issue with a handfull of gamecube backup error either when game starts or when game starts gameplay. could my homebrew be interfereing with my wiikey or is there just some gamecube games that will not play correct?

I am sorry for double post, my pc froze and i hit enter, and it reposted and i dont know if i can delete a post.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Either you have cIOS_r10 or cIOS_r13, cause both get installed at slot IOS249, so wich one did you installed last..?? and the cIOS or HBC wont affect GC part of your Wii, unless you have installed a cMIOS, I think you should update your WiiKey2 firmware...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jimmydome said:
so cIOS36 and a cIOS38 will over write eachother?? and wiikey2 hasnt had an update in months

yeah they are kind of the same thing, but IOS38 has USB peripherals support (needed for RockBand USB instruments), "c" stands for CUSTOM, and the "r" stands for "revision" so that's why cIOS36_r10 (latest using IOS36) is older than cIOS38_r13, but they aren't really cIOS36 and/or cIOS38, the actuall name of the app is:

cIOS38_r13b INSTALLER

then you are screwed with your GC game, go buy the legit copy
tongue.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To clarify that a bit more those cIOS installers from Waninkoko always install to IOS249, which is why they overwrite eachother. When it says cIOS36 or cIOS38 it just means that it's a custom IOS that is based on either IOS36 or IOS38 and altered and then installed to IOS249. Your actual IOS36 and IOS38 are not touched in this process.

Now for that gc backup problem...I don't know as I don't know much about modchips, but I don't think any cIOS stuff would be interfering with it. If you installed some cMIOS for gamecube stuff then MAYBE, there's some conflicting stuff, but otherwise I can't really say what's wrong here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1