Gaming Game Title ID Kamen Rider and Trauma Center both RKDE

Toughschmidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own the original disk of Trauma Center, and it is RKDEEB, but with the Configurable USB Loader, it is being recognized as Kamen Rider Dragon Knight which according to the titles.txt doc is RKDEG9. Maybe I should have posted this in the Config. USB forum topic in Backup Loaders, but it's sort of a generic game question. Is this the correct 6 digit code for Kamen Rider? And if it is, are there more game combinations that share the first 4 digits? I have always let the USB loader run on it's generic ID settings, which I thought used all 6 characters. If this number ID repetition for the first four is a true issue, does anyone know a fix for this?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, the first three characters of the titleID are for the game's individual title or identification; the fourth character represents region (E = NTSC-U, etc.); the last two characters represent the developing or publishing company (if you peruse your game list, you will note that games by the same company share the same characters, such as 52 for Activision, 69 for Harmonix, and 01 for the Big N's own first-party games).

With only three characters to uniquely identify each game's title, there will probably be some overlaps. Unfortunately some USB Loaders only pay attention to the first four characters, assuming unique titles.

I'm not sure of any definite fix for this at the moment, but I do know that some WBFS managers let you change the titleID (a useful property when making Guitar Hero customs). Changing one would require you to change the filenames for the appropriate art, codes, etc. but should fix any loading problems.

Toughschmidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. Actually, it was an issue with the USB loader, but it has already been noted and corrected. So, it would seem that we should all be paying attention to more than just the first 4 characters. This topic can be locked and fade into the deep back of the forums now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1