Gaming Game Region Changing (RegionFrii etc)

CharlieFarly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Can someone advise the 'recommend' routine to use in order to region change a game these days please. Before I would have used RegionFrii but I'm wondering if this is still the tool of choice, or whether there are newer/better routines.

Probably the answer is Gecko or Neogamma, but ideally I'm looking for a method that I still burn so that the kids just push in the disc and away they go. Gecko and, from what I've seen of Neogamma, both include loading a tool and then playing with menu settings.

For reference I've effectively a PAL 4.2E Wii - although originally it was a NTSC unit which I used ARC to change the region on.

Thanks

Charlie

Larkspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Preloader?

I use preloader and have the options for region free set and cioscorp 3.6 installedso all you have to do is insert and play through the disk channel as though it were and original.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CharlieFarly said:
Hi,

Can someone advise the 'recommend' routine to use in order to region change a game these days please. Before I would have used RegionFrii but I'm wondering if this is still the tool of choice, or whether there are newer/better routines.

Probably the answer is Gecko or Neogamma, but ideally I'm looking for a method that I still burn so that the kids just push in the disc and away they go. Gecko and, from what I've seen of Neogamma, both include loading a tool and then playing with menu settings.

For reference I've effectively a PAL 4.2E Wii - although originally it was a NTSC unit which I used ARC to change the region on.

Thanks

Charlie

Actually If you have Neogamma installed as a channel, all they have to click is load DVD by pushing the A button on the Neogama channel, just like the regular disk channel. Settings don't need to be configed, they pretty much will be done by Neogamma itself except for some games that need alt. dol files or smt.

And to my knowledge RegionFrii still works like a charm if you just want to change a region
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!