ROM Hack Game Lag When Patching With Luma

RainyAdrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm having some issues with patching Fire Emblem: Awakening; specifically the same-sex marriage hack, where once I allow game patching and load up my save the game lags very badly. The biggest lag points are during cut-scenes and battle animations, but there are some other spotty lag points. The game has only frozen and crashed when trying to make a new save file.

Some additional information:
- I have an original 3DS.
- My SD card is 64GB (I selected 32KB when I formatted it to FAT32)

Not sure what other information is necessary to help me possibly fix this, but I can do my best to supply additional information as needed. I made sure to follow 3ds.hacks.guide very closely so I don't think my initial set up was the issue at all? My 3DS is pretty old so I almost wonder if I need to get a new one and this one can't keep up anymore? Would a N2DS/N3DS possibly just be a better option for me?

Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you for helping!

D

Deleted User

yeah, luma game patching makes loading slower.
if you make and install a patched cia, it'll be better.

RainyAdrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, luma game patching makes loading slower.
if you make and install a patched cia, it'll be better.

How would I go about doing that? Is there a way to do that with godmode9 maybe or is there an application that I need to use on my PC to edit a CIA like that? (Sorry I'm pretty new to hacking I only CFW'd my 3DS this last week)

D

Deleted User

How would I go about doing that? Is there a way to do that with godmode9 maybe or is there an application that I need to use on my PC to edit a CIA like that? (Sorry I'm pretty new to hacking I only CFW'd my 3DS this last week)
I think this tutorial may work:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/
It requires an encrypted cia you can extract with godmode9.
After the cia is extracted, copy all the files from Gay Awakening/V 0.3.1/Luma/000400000009F100/romfs to the ExtractedRomFS folder. If you're not overwriting files, you're doing it wrong.
Rebuild the cia, install on your 3ds, and delete the luma patch files from your SD.

Last edited by ,

ConfusedMujina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm having some issues with patching Fire Emblem: Awakening; specifically the same-sex marriage hack, where once I allow game patching and load up my save the game lags very badly. The biggest lag points are during cut-scenes and battle animations, but there are some other spotty lag points. The game has only frozen and crashed when trying to make a new save file.

Some additional information:
- I have an original 3DS.
- My SD card is 64GB (I selected 32KB when I formatted it to FAT32)

Not sure what other information is necessary to help me possibly fix this, but I can do my best to supply additional information as needed. I made sure to follow 3ds.hacks.guide very closely so I don't think my initial set up was the issue at all? My 3DS is pretty old so I almost wonder if I need to get a new one and this one can't keep up anymore? Would a N2DS/N3DS possibly just be a better option for me?

Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you for helping!
Aside from recompiling a cia, if you happen to use a LOT of luma patching, you might also try a higher quality SD card. I had this same problem, but there was a marked improvement when I switched to a class 10. I imagine the problem would be even more improved with a u3 or even a V90.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello