Hacking Game carts no longer working after updating SysNAND and Atmosphere

PolarSpoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I updated my SysNAND so I can finish transferring saves from my old switch to my new Switch since it wouldn't let me without updating for games that didn't support cloud saves, so I decided to update atmosphere after updating my SysNAND. Now for some reason, Atmosphere crashes every single time I insert a gamecard on my EmuMMC with the error code 2002-2634. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this problem, I already tried editing the BTC.ini and turning off nogc through Hekate, but nothing seems to be working still. Do I need to update my EmuMMC to 12.0.1 as well for it to work again, or is there something I'm missing? My SysNAND is currently 12.0.1 and my EmuMMC is 11.0.1 / AMS M.19.1 / E.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
No need to update EmuMMC. It should be enough to add nogc = 1 to BCT.ini. Remember to copy or move the file to \atmosphere\config and then reboot. However then the gamecards will only work in SysMMC. If you need it to work in EmuMMC as well you have to update EmuMMC.
If it still crash then check if you use fusee-primary as payload. If not then try to do so. Using Fss0 in Hekate might need the nogc setting in the hekate ini file as well (I am not sure since I use fusee-primary myself).

Reactions: PolarSpoon

PolarSpoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to update EmuMMC. It should be enough to add nogc = 1 to BCT.ini. Remember to copy or move the file to \atmosphere\config and then reboot. However then the gamecards will only work in SysMMC. If you need it to work in EmuMMC as well you have to update EmuMMC.
If it still crash then check if you use fusee-primary as payload. If not then try to do so. Using Fss0 in Hekate might need the nogc setting in the hekate ini file as well (I am not sure since I use fusee-primary myself).

Thank you, so it seems that adding in the nogc = 1 to the BTC.ini into the CONFIG folder fixed it, I wasn't aware that I had to add it into that folder, I kind of just left it in the configs_template folder... :wacko: After that, it no longer crashes anymore but the game cart doesn't work like you said. Is there any downside to updating my EmuMMC to 12.0.1 as well (Or just dumping my EmuMMC again) or would it create problems in my Atmosphere EmuMMC? If I were to update, I assume that I'll be using Daybreak, or would I use Choi?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The only downside to updating is that some homebrew doesn't work on version 12.x. I haven't updated myself so I don't know for sure what works and what doesn't work. But from reading through this forum it seems that the problem is mainly with forwarders. So if you don't use that it should be safe to upgrade. Consider what is most important to you - gamecards in EmuMMC or 100% homebrew compatibility.

If you decide to upgrade remember to upgrade sigpatches if you haven't already done so. Use Daybreak to upgrade, it is considered safer that Choi. If you create EmuMMC again instead of upgrading you will lose whatever you have in EmuMMC that is not in SysMMC (games, saves...)

Reactions: PolarSpoon

PolarSpoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only downside to updating is that some homebrew doesn't work on version 12.x. I haven't updated myself so I don't know for sure what works and what doesn't work. But from reading through this forum it seems that the problem is mainly with forwarders. So if you don't use that it should be safe to upgrade. Consider what is most important to you - gamecards in EmuMMC or 100% homebrew compatibility.

If you decide to upgrade remember to upgrade sigpatches if you haven't already done so. Use Daybreak to upgrade, it is considered safer that Choi. If you create EmuMMC again instead of upgrading you will lose whatever you have in EmuMMC that is not in SysMMC (games, saves...)

That makes sense, I didn't consider app compatibility when upgrading, especially since 12.0.1 is still pretty recent. In that case, I'll probably just stick with how it is right now, I really don't not being able to use game carts at the moment. Thank you for your help though, I appreciate it!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I updated my SysNAND so I can finish transferring saves from my old switch to my new Switch since it wouldn't let me without updating for games that didn't support cloud saves, so I decided to update atmosphere after updating my SysNAND. Now for some reason, Atmosphere crashes every single time I insert a gamecard on my EmuMMC with the error code 2002-2634. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this problem, I already tried editing the BTC.ini and turning off nogc through Hekate, but nothing seems to be working still. Do I need to update my EmuMMC to 12.0.1 as well for it to work again, or is there something I'm missing? My SysNAND is currently 12.0.1 and my EmuMMC is 11.0.1 / AMS M.19.1 / E.
Also remember that you don't need to modify both the BCT.ini file as well as Hekate to disable nogc; each of those options are reserved for only one bootloader. Only fusee reads the BCT.ini and Hekate/fss0 uses its own implementation of nogc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...