Hacking Gamcube games not launching in USB Loader GX?

Evan177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off guys here's all my version info:
Wii Version: 4.3U
USB Loader GX: Rev125 3 Ios249 (Rev12008) * AHB
(d2x v8final base56)

The only game that will load is The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (great, great game btw) and I just made a clean rip of that using USB Loader GX.
But all the other games in my folder dont seem to work?

They are either old rips from a year or more back (which I dont have the disk anymore, and others are downloaded from friends)
They are in game.iso format (I also gave them the correct folder name and game ID)
The USB is set like "Super Smash bros Melee [GALE01] > game.iso

But either Dios Mios freezes and wont load the game of I get "Fatal Error app_main : dst not in MEM1!
Is anyone knows what wrong it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you GBATMEMP and everyone else!

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Are you using a new harddrive?
-Did your old rips work back then?

That error typically shows up when the loader is reading incorrect data from the ISO.

You're going to want to make sure that your harddrive is formatted as FAT32 with 32kb clusters.

You should also try verifying the md5 hash of your ISO's versus their true md5 hash. You're going to need to download a "hashcalc" program. And you can find each game's true md5 hash at this site. Just type in the GameID (of the game you want to check) into that sites search bar, then scroll down to see the md5 hash for that game.

There could also be something wrong with your current file structure. This is a long shot but you could try moving one of your non-working ISO's over to another drive. (just the ISO file, NOT it's folder) Then delete the old folder that it was in. Now, in the drive you moved the ISO over to, create a new folder and drop the ISO into it, then move over both the folder with the included ISO file back to your Wii's drive. But before moving the new folder back into the Wii's drive, you could try renaming the "games" folder in your Wii drive to something else. Then create a new "games" folder in the Wii drive, and move the new folder with included ISO into the new "games" folder.

Lastly.. if your harddrive is formatted correctly, your md5 hash's are correct, and nothing else works. I'd suggest dropping Dios Mios and just try using Nintendont instead. Nintendont was created by the same person, and it's still being updated. Not only is Dios Mios outdated, but it's also way more fickle. Nintendont just works!

Last edited by portugeek,

Evan177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it 4:30 in the morning where you are too? Jeez, but thank you very much for the detailed info, I'm going to jump right into nintendont and give that a try when I get up in the morning!
Thanks for the help! I'll let you know how everything works out.

Reactions: portugeek

Evan177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, seems like Nintendont didnt do it for me.
I formatted my drive and also tried a new drive and nintendont will show the games and show no errors but will get stuck on a black screen right after the start up?
Ive even tried with a clean full ISO download.
It goes to a black screen, and all the lights on the wii mote stay lit up.

Last edited by Evan177,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check the MD5 hashes and make sure they're not corrupted? There's a tool in my sig that will do it automatically. You can even drop the whole games folder on it although it may take a while to finish.

Reactions: portugeek

Evan177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just stopped worrying about it for the time being, I got Smash Bros Melee working and ive been a little busy with that ;)

Evan177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to use a 100% save file for melee? The thing is im using the Virtual Memory Card on nintendont and dont know where to put the file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah the real estate market is in utter ruins, unemployment is sky rocketing, just a huge mess +1