Android Galaxy Gio won't boot after rooting

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Problem 1: I couldn't seem to find Odin on the internet... (kinda pathetic...) Problem 2: So I installed CWM Recovery (via recovery mode) which worked fine. However, I tried to install the stock rom , it still wouldn't boot. Perhaps its because I am not using Odin but instead, Android Recovery...I installed the Aroma Filemanager, however I do not know what exactly to delete besides the ch.amana.android.cputuner-1.apk

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Here you go the New Users thread for your phone. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1397120 It has a link to download ODIN in the 3rd Post along with instructions on using it.
Also here's a link to some stock ROMs for your phone http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16979769&postcount=547
Unfortunately they are unlikely to be the same version as you were previously running so Kies will probably be unusable because it doens't like wrong regioned ROMs. You might be able to find a better fit on samfirmware.com but that site is incredibly confusing to figure out (in my opinion anyway) it does have a break down of what all the codes in the names of Samsung Firmwares mean though so if you put in the work they might have the right ROM.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
samsfirmware has everything you need, it has every official rom for every samsung device and has all versions of odin you do need to register to download but its free so why not

http://www.sammobile...irmware/?page=3

http://www.sammobile...60&r=-1#modelsa - your specific phone (i think)
problem, again. I put the files on Odin, but it aborted automatically because the files were bad (something with the files). Now I can't boot to recovery, only download mode. And I'm afraid to do more harm (even though there's not much more I can do..). If I could boot to recovery via a computer (ADB doesn't recognize it now because it only recognizes it via recovery), then I could flash a rom via the 'apply update from sdcard' option...I hope...

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Give us a screenshot of ODIN as you had it configured as well as a screenshot of the inside of the downloaded zip file.
is it necessary to solving my problem?
Well if you want us to see if you've set up ODIN correctly for the firmware you downloaded: Yes. Just use Snipping Tool in Windows 7 and you can capture the Window

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
ODIN is set up right then... Redownload the firmware in case something happened in the download that corrupted it. If it still gives an error post the actual error (copy and paste it if you can)

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ODIN is set up right then... Redownload the firmware in case something happened in the download that corrupted it. If it still gives an error post the actual error (copy and paste it if you can)
http://gbatemp.net/uploads/gallery/album_1217/gallery_297553_1217_48483.png

This is what happened when I tried to flash with Galaxy Gio rom.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Try removing the SD and SIM card before flashing. Apparently extra Ext partitions on the SD card (if you've used app2sd before) can mess it up a bit. If that works I'm kind of out of things to try and help you on the matter. I suggest you make your own XDA-Developers account and start posting in the thread Zero created for you. The people there know a heck of a lot more about ODIN and Android than I do.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I flashed my phone, and it finally boots. However, the mobile network state only stays activated for a short moment then it disconnects, making me unable to actually make phone calls and send text messages. Also, the wireless internet randomly switches off and doesn't turn back on unless I reboot it. And third but last, the screen sometimes blacks out even when the touch screen is still activated. Then the display either turns back on and even brighter (doesn't actually change the system settings brightness), or when I press the power button, it flickers and turns off (just as the whole system goes into standby mode when you press the power button). My phone was rooted before flashing and I rooted it once again. I just know this is all the troubles of flashing, rooting and my problem put together. So if anyone can help in anyway (I really don't want to send my phone in), please do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c