Hacking G6Team, could you please fix the font color probl?

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each update I check to see if the font wants to stay a constant grey color. If it does I just go right back to 2.3, since it's the only one since forever that's let you choose font colors. Might seem nitpicky but for some skins you just can't see the text at all. It's annoying. Do you intent to ever get around to fixing it or should I just stick with 2.3 for an indefinite amount of time and not bother with the newer updates?

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The biggest issue (IMO) is that they haven't fixed the Download play function.. WHICH was announced as a (100%) feature before the cart was released. they've fixed it with the M3Real, why not with G6Real?

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using v2.6 with no problem with the fonts, not sure about the color though.

http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Nope, none of them past 2.3 let you change the font color. I know it must seem like a minor qualm but g6team never seems to comment on it. Seems like it shouldn't be hard to fix, ya know? I'd like to use the newer firmwares tho since they do seem to run smother and faster.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
And please fix that initial sort bug on the games list!

I've been complaining about that for about the last 10 versions. G6team said long ago that they would "look into it". For the life of me, I just can't understand how that could be hard to fix?!

And I agree, that courier font which was introduced about 5 versions ago is ag UGLY as hell! Please oh please fix it. Again, how hard can that be to fix?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And please fix that initial sort bug on the games list!

I've been complaining about that for about the last 10 versions. G6team said long ago that they would "look into it". For the life of me, I just can't understand how that could be hard to fix?!

And I agree, that courier font which was introduced about 5 versions ago is ag UGLY as hell! Please oh please fix it. Again, how hard can that be to fix?

The issue here is the sorting on the micro SD/memory, and not the firmware itself. It can easily be overcome by sorting manually on the computer with a program such as FATsort. My guess is that all cards have efficient sorting systems which allow them to do it in a minimal amount of time; while if there was automatic sorting on the M3R, you can imagine how much longer it will take (a few seconds on my M3 Real, probably a bit less on the G6R) and add to loading time

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also put in a real time guide like the SCDS1.
smile.gif

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
The issue here is the sorting on the micro SD/memory, and not the firmware itself. It can easily be overcome by sorting manually on the computer with a program such as FATsort. My guess is that all cards have efficient sorting systems which allow them to do it in a minimal amount of time; while if there was automatic sorting on the M3R, you can imagine how much longer it will take (a few seconds on my M3 Real, probably a bit less on the G6R) and add to loading time
Ah, it can't always "easily be overcome". E.g. I run a linux PC so fatsort won't run for me. Anyway, why should users have to rearrange their complete flash file system every time they add a file simply because the G6 guys won't overcome this simple issue? Unnecessarily rewriting a flash file system seems ill-advised to me, particularly on these kind of devices which have arguably immature firmware and hardware.

And I don't know what complicated scenario you have in your mind with "automatic sorting"? The G6R provides a sort pulldown option on the game list name column. When a user manually selects this, the game list is alphanumerically sorted (in about 1 second). What I am expecting is that the G6R firmware would just execute that same sort option whenever the games list is initially displayed (e.g. on boot). Doesn't sound too onerous to me and certainly seems a piece of cake to add in the software (just call that same sorting function after the initial display is written!).

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually it takes in excess of 3 seconds on my M3R, perhaps it is the loading time that is preventing them from adding this function; it would be understandable if they made it a choice in the settings though for those who didn't wish to wait the extra time (they are focusing on the M3 Real now as far as I know, but with the added bonus of having the kernel also operate on the G6 Real).

gleo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While we're in dream-mode, how about just making the whole GUI open source (leave your proprietary loader stuff closed) and then I could fix most of this stuff myself!
biggrin.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
No G6 Team is completely useless! I remember doing something wrong on my G6 Flash; the one that plays the GBA roms. I didn't know what happened, I tried to re-format the card again but nothing happen. I even remember coming here to ask for help but all my pleas were falling on deaf ears. G6 Team is freakin' garbage don't bother buying their shitty product!

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
No G6 Team is completely useless! I remember doing something wrong on my G6 Flash; the one that plays the GBA roms. I didn't know what happened, I tried to re-format the card again but nothing happen. I even remember coming here to ask for help but all my pleas were falling on deaf ears. G6 Team is freakin' garbage don't bother buying their shitty product!
Don't be so ungrateful, it was fault in the first place for doing something wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol