OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
G6 V4.0 Full Installation Package V4.0c is out as 11/07. You can find it here. Fixes Rockman ZX save problems... Can anyone test it with G6 Lite English/chinese versions and tell us if they can update?

U-disk Manager V4.0C + Loader V4.0C:
====================================
Support running "rockman" with perfect save function.
No need to use additional game card to store save data.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Nice, but I wish they would make the seperate parts available for download, I don't want to have to download all 42MB of it again just for the loader and G6 Manager.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
well version b works perfectly for me right now so ill update when i run into any problems. i dun want to upload all my games again

nope..you don't have to re-upload all your games when you update G6 GM or Loader from 4.xx to 4.xx..just delete the roms that didn't work on the previous release and re-up that certain game after you did the update

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Nice, but I wish they would make the seperate parts available for download, I don't want to have to download all 42MB of it again just for the loader and G6 Manager.
Didn't they used to have an update available for people who had a previous full installation?

They used to, that's why it's a bit strange that the G6 team are doing things differently now
wink2.gif

leonardo71286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how much space is the pda stuff taking up on the cart, and has anyone tried removing it?
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the G6L has 16mb of memory apart for the loader,
so it shouldn't take up your main, memory however I'm not sure.

In anycase I'd be more interested in knowing if the english loader can be hacked to make it be
recognized as the chinese loader by the hardware, that way people who bought their G6L
from China could have the loader in english.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how much space is the pda stuff taking up on the cart, and has anyone tried removing it?

2.75MB - that's the calculator & scientific calculator. The actual PDA software is only available in Chinese, and you must download it separately and put it on your cart if you want the functionality. It's not (and as far as I know) and will not be included in the download package by default.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the G6L has 16mb of memory apart for the loader,
so it shouldn't take up your main, memory however I'm not sure.

Yes, the G6 Lite has an extra 16Mbit of space where it stores the GBA/NDS loaders, so you do have access to the full 4Gbit of the cart.

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the only diffrence in the g6 chinese and english are the pc programs? nothing else??!!! im not sure if i should wait or not. also is the menu on the ds in chinease? can you switch it?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so the only diffrence in the g6 chinese and english are the pc programs? nothing else??!!! im not sure if i should wait or not. also is the menu on the ds in chinease? can you switch it?

The PC loader program is the same for every version. The only difference is the Chinese words in place of something like [Y button] GBA mode or [Y button] (Chinese).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google