PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
anyone figure out how to change the ds menu background yet?

You change it with the desktop.bmp located in the pdaDS\shell\

I made a GBAtemp themed background to use with the G6. It's nice a simple and doesn't get in the way. You can grab it here (just extract it to the root of your G6)

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nice BG Opium, i will use it
smile.gif

thx

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else realise the brightness settings always change back to full every time you restart?

I keep forgetting to change them every time i play.

Take out your G6 and Passcard and boot the DS up in vanilla mode. There you can choose the brightness setting in the lower left of the menu and the G6 will keep this as default. I have my brightness set at 2 with 1 being the darkest.

Edit: And thanks for the skin Opium, I'll try it out as soon as I stop playing FF3
laugh.gif

chaarlieee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone figure out how to change the ds menu background yet?

You change it with the desktop.bmp located in the pdaDS\shell\

I made a GBAtemp themed background to use with the G6. It's nice a simple and doesn't get in the way. You can grab it here (just extract it to the root of your G6)
Ok, I got your background to work, but how do I make my own? I resized a jpeg to 256x196 like yours, converted it to .bmp, renamed it desktop.bmp, and put it in pdaDS\shell\ but it didn't work.

Is there a certain way to do it?

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I also tried your skin Opium, looks dandy! Also makes the menu navigate slightly faster. Or that might be my mind making that up
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'd also be interested in knowing how to create my own skin.
rolleyes.gif

chaarlieee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I figured out what I did wrong. I resized to 256 x 196, but that is the wrong size.

Resize a bmp to 256 x 192 and put it in pdaDS\shell\ as desktop.bmp and you're set.

A black background will clash with the ds rom names, so you won't be able to see some of the text depending on your picture.

Thanks for the tip Opium.

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I definatly don't like how slow it is now. The games i've had on the thing don't require this update for compatibility, and I could care less about brightness setting. The slowdown is just way to much for me, it literally takes twice as long for it to do everything.

Magitekwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that it's slower.

This update was worth it though since it included the awesome brightness level option.
laugh.gif

Ya. Its seems strange. I noticed that loading the menu and everything was slow.. but
then i had almost no extra 'disk space', so I clear up some stuff off the cart - like videos
and stuff. Nope.. still slow. Then I tried defragging -> somebody posted here somewhere on gbatemp that defragging helps with loading time.. And...
biggrin.gif
i have to say....

THAT IT DIDNT WORK
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Anybody got clues..? or is it simply the new firmware or game manager only??

svebbe

Trophies
XP
Country

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried this new version yet, but it's really annoying if it's slower than before. I find the old version is slow, especially scrolling if you have a long list of games, and it needs speeding up if anything!

EDIT: Shit I've just read the 4.6d thread where they say the speed is back to normal, phew. (I still say that even 'normal' could do with speeding up though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: the bread's too big for yours (and, before you ask, waaayyy too big for mine lmao)