Hacking G6 Lite + Passcard combo, How's the battery life?

sketch143

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, anyone else that uses this combo, can you guys post the battery life on your machines?

Mine lasts for about 3 hours after a fresh charge, which puzzles me.. i was wondering if it's the same for everybody.

Manual claims 5-8 hours of playtime on Brightest setting and 15-18 on lowest.. i use the the the 3rd setting (which is one step from brightest)

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, anyone else that uses this combo, can you guys post the battery life on your machines?

Mine lasts for about 3 hours after a fresh charge, which puzzles me.. i was wondering if it's the same for everybody.

Manual claims 5-8 hours of playtime on Brightest setting and 15-18 on lowest.. i use the the the 3rd setting (which is one step from brightest)

That's why you remove the passcard after booting the G6 (before running a game). The passcard is draining the battery, a lot more than having a retail game inserted would.

Flashing the DS would let you completely avoid the problem.

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
so low?

I could play HM: DS for almost 8 hours on a single charge, at 2nd brightness level.
same here
smile.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there are currently 3 versions of the passcard 3 available (original splash screen, no splash screen and new splash screen). I've got all 3, so maybe I'll try and run some tests this week to see if there is a distinct difference in battery life between charges based on the passcard 3 version.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Manual claims 5-8 hours of playtime on Brightest setting and 15-18 on lowest.. i use the the the 3rd setting (which is one step from brightest)

I have the same combo at the same brightness setting (3) most of the time. If I leave the Passcard3 in I get approximately 4 hours on a full charge.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't give you specific numbers, but I use it on brightness 2 and if I'm playing 2D games it will seemingly last forever. If I'm playing Tony Hawk it lasts several hours, I would say at least 5, but that game constantly accesses the cart for streaming audio. What I'm saying is that it has good battery life.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are currently 3 versions of the passcard 3 available (original splash screen, no splash screen and new splash screen). I've got all 3, so maybe I'll try and run some tests this week to see if there is a distinct difference in battery life between charges based on the passcard 3 version.

What is the difference between the "original splash screen" and the new splash screen? I want to see if my passcard 3 is original splash or new....

Vidnez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I started with that combo but finally flashed my DS because the battery life sucks.

Now I want to maximize the battery life on my flashed DS lite but without the lose of the sleep mode.

Anyone know the difference in battery life (with a flashed DS) between having a retail game inserted and make that solder pins mod?

RvN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the same... with retail games i had great battery life... now I get a battery life similar to that of the psp.

digimax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apparently the best card "battery saving" solution is this product called "NDS dummy cart". There's no chip or real circuitry inside, and basically it's a neat version of the "solder pin mod".

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

What is the difference between the "original splash screen" and the new splash screen? I want to see if my passcard 3 is original splash or new....
old.jpg

old splash screen version

new.jpg

new splash screen version

sorry for the awful picture quality, its late.

Vidnez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The dummy card sound good but I wonder if the battery life between using a retail game or a dummy card justify the $9.00 + shipping.

sketch143

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After doing what some people suggested, i seem seem to be able to play for longer hours. I also turned down the brightness level, although this one seems too awkward and dark for me... But! whatever, i'll get used to it. =)

RvN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I have the newer version of the Passcard...

but what's bugging me is... what does IDS stand for?

Synergy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really, really recommend flashing your DS lite if you have a G6 lite + Passcard 2/3 combo. It saves so much battery life and is retardedly easy.

1. Copy flashme files to G6 lite
2. plug in DSL/insert G6 lite & Passcard 3
3. pop off battery cover
4. run flashme
5. short SL 1 connection

Done. It may seem complicated, but it really isn't. I didn't find any guides specifically one the G6L/Passcard 3 combo, but it couldn't have been any easier. Hello awesome battery life...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +99 +1