Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To play GBA games & software, copy it to the cart with the U-disk manager, then start up the G6 and press Y when you get to the menu. Go to the 'games' icon in the GBA mode menu.

Everything other than DS and GBA games/software must be played on an emulator. There are no emulators that play the emulated games perfectly, at full speed, and without any graphical or sound glitches. I'm not really sure about specific snes games. Some snes games are fully playable, but don't get your hopes up too high.

Check out SnemulDS and SnezziDS for snes games, nesDS & pocketnes for nes games, Goomba & Goomba Color for gameboy and gameboy color games, Picodrive for genesis/megadrive games, and DSMasterPlus for master system & game gear games. Note that Goomba, Goomba Color and Pocketnes are emulators for the GBA, so they aren't full screen on the DS.

Out of all those emulators, Goomba and Goomba Color are the only ones anywhere near perfect(though they still have their issues), but all the others can run at least some games quite well.

DsDamien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've got a question about playing .rmvb files. (I haven't received my G6 yet, but I'm expecting it Mon, or Tues.) Anyhow, do you just use UDisk to write the .rmvb files to the G6, or do I just put them on there Via "My Computer"?

Also, I have a Ds-X and I'm pretty sure it has a bulit in Pass Me, will it work in place of an acutal Pass me?

Would I need to flash my G6? Or DS witch ever I'm sopposed to do...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've got a question about playing .rmvb files. (I haven't received my G6 yet, but I'm expecting it Mon, or Tues.) Anyhow, do you just use UDisk to write the .rmvb files to the G6, or do I just put them on there Via "My Computer"?
I've never seen or used a .rmvb file. It appears to be a RealVideo file, and as far as I know, those cannot be played on the DS with any flashcart. With the media files that are supported, you should use 'my computer' or windows explorer, not the u-disk manager.

QUOTE said:
Also, I have a Ds-X and I'm pretty sure it has a bulit in Pass Me, will it work in place of an acutal Pass me?

Would I need to flash my G6? Or DS witch ever I'm sopposed to do...
I don't think the DS-X can boot the G6. I has a NoPass feature, but it may not work with the G6. (Passcards are NoPass devices. PassMe devices actually require a real DS game to be plugged into them.)

Various NoPass and PassMe roms have been dumped, and a few people have reported that they can be used to boot slot 2 carts from slot 1 carts like the DS-X. I have not tested this myself though.

You could flash your DS if you can't/don't want to use the DS-X to boot the G6, but make damn sure you educate yourself on the process first so you don't brick your DS. (it's supposedly quite easy and safe if you know what you are doing)

Keep in mind that if you want to be able to use sleep mode you have to have a cart that supports it in slot 1, otherwise the DS will have a siesure when you close it. Ewin makes a dummy cart for just this purpose.

DsDamien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Again, I do not need the Passme to Boot the G6 in GBA mode right?
Correct.

QUOTE said:
And I've found where I read it plays .rmvb files. RealHotStuff is where I'm ordering this from.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/g6-lite-4g-512-mb-p-100.html

Also it say it here as well.

http://modchipstore.com/NDS-Nintendo-DS-Li...gbit-16370.html

Do I need to put the Media files into a folder or can i just put them in the root of the card?
Those are low down dirty lies. None of those video formats can be played on the DS, regardless of which flash cart you use. You can convert most of those formats into one that can be used on the DS(.dpg), but I don't have much experience with that.

As far as where you put the media files, I believe you can put them wherever you want.

DsDamien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've haveing problems playing MP3s. I just use "My COmputer" to put it on the card. But when I go to the Music player...thing. and I go into the Music Folder, Theres nothing in it. But when I use the browser, IT's all there....

DsDamien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urgh, I don't have a passme though. Is there any other way I can play MP3?
The G6 has a media Player but it can't play MP3s? What the heck?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I keep forgetting that you're just using the G6 in GBA mode. I don't think the GBA can play MP3s at all with it's slow CPU. These are the only relevant threads I could find:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=39718
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=40506

Basically, to play music in GBA mode you either need to convert the MP3s to GBS format for the G6 media player, or GSM format for this program. It sounds like GSM is the better option, but I've never used either of them myself.

If you want to play MP3s or Oggs with the G6 you will have to boot it in DS mode, either by using the DS-X as a nopass(if it works, or running a nopass rom from the DS-X if it doesn't), or you could use the DS-X to flash the DS so that you don't need a nopass.

One final possibility is that you could apply the G6 DLDI patch to moonshell(or a different player), but run it from the DS-X. This should give the player access to the files on the G6 even though it's running from the DS-X. I don't know if it will really work though, you might be the first to try it.

EDIT: I have personally confirmed that a NoPass rom can start a slot 2 cart in DS mode. Running such a rom from the DS-X will work to start the G6 in DS mode, so that may be your best option for playing MP3s from the G6.

DsDamien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS-X and I've heard it can act as a Nopass. How can I do this. And will it work? i also Can't find a NoPass Rom. Googled and Ask.com it.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no indicator, so you won't. Just don't leave it charging for more that 8 hours.

Well destructobot you are correct on this.

Problem: I left my G6 lite (4GB) charging for atleast 13-17 Hours in my Laptop and I have to say, that it is a bad idea to leave it charging that long, so when I took it out the laptop in put it in my cousin GBA Advance. All the GBA Roms begin to slow down.!.!. I was not amazed at what I saw so I am here to back you up when you say don't let it charge for more then 8 hours......

Solution:I let the G6 lite (4GB) inside my cousin GBA Advance (POWER OFF) for about 30-45 Minutes. Then when I powered back-on all the GBA ROMS was perfectly fine.....

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I never plug mine in unless I am changing crap! but i think I need to because my GX Spirit Caller won't let me out of my house cuz "It's late"!!! It was effing 4 o'clock!!!!!! (PM)

chrono251

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, is it true that i need the passcard3 to play DS game?? cause if it is, im a bit mad about it because i dont remember seeing anywhere on the site saying that i needed it to play DS game. i bought mines from http://www.modchipstore.com/NDS-Nintendo-D...gbit-16370.html

does anyone know if theres any way around it, or if not, where i can purchase just the passcard3 card by itself. thank you

edit - spelled passcard as passcode by accident

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You either need a NoPass device(passcard, superkey, etc.), a slot 1 flashcart that can act as a NoPass, or a flashed DS.

You can buy a passcard/superkey seperately at most online shops that sell slot 2 carts. I don't know where to get one for a good price though.

p.s. That product description is full of lies.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
destructobot, will DS homebrew on the G6 lite boot fine if i use the R4DS to boot from slot 2? also i have just had a look at a hex editor and loaded a gba rom and there is 1000's of numbers & letters, how the hell do you find the name of the rom from that?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
destructobot, will DS homebrew on the G6 lite boot fine if i use the R4DS to boot from slot 2?
It shouldn't make a difference whether you use the R4, a passcard, or a flashed DS if that's what you mean. As far as homebrew working on the G6, it's one of the weakest carts for that. Most current homebrew apps should work, but some won't load or don't work properly for no apparent reason. If there are some specific apps you want to know about, you should ask in the G6 forum.

QUOTE said:
also i have just had a look at a hex editor and loaded a gba rom and there is 1000's of numbers & letters, how the hell do you find the name of the rom from that?
It starts at the 160th byte from the beginning of the file. When you look at the text side of the hex editor it should be easy to spot the name most of the time.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
G6 forum is almost dead, i doubt i will get a quick answer there.... i scrolled down a bit in the hex editor when i opened the rom and couldn't find a name, just more numbers and letters, i stopped using it as i didn't have a clue to what i was doing and i could mess up the rom if i pressed the wrong square thingy :-S

i guess i will have to live with the default rom name, i guess it's not that bad?

i wanted to ask that question about DS homebrew because the G6 lite can boot some older homebrew that the R4DS cannot like that zelda clone and more stuff thats out there, it's pretty convenient to have all the DS homebrew i want in one place instead of me having to switch from R4DS to ninjapass X9 if i want to play some homebrew.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The G6 should play just about all GBA homebrew perfectly, and most DS homebrew that it won't play should work on the R4. Old fatlib homebrew won't work on either of them.

You should not need to scroll down at all in the hex editor to find the rom name; it's very close to the beginning of the file. Make sure you're looking at the text display, not the hex stuff. The hex is just numbers and the letters A-F, and it's totally unintelligible to most humans. The text display should look like a bunch of random weird characters with numbers and words mixed in randomly.

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nyquill with grape juice
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    wow that didn't work lol
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    tried to paste a pic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So...